Chair & Professor of Business Administration
Joined Alma College Faculty in 2006
Office Hours: posted weekly outside my door
- Master of Accountancy, Bowling Green State U.
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies, Bowling Green State U.
healthcare administrative, financial and regulatory matters
financial modeling in health care decision making
nursing home leadership and crisis management
regulatory compliance (health care and business)
"rustbelt" economic development
financial abuse of senior citizens
identify theft and document fraud
Selected Book Publications
- Protecting Seniors from Financial Abuse (Consumer Protection Series). Kindle Direct Publishing. 1st ed. 12/15/2012.
- Tom Ealey. Rx for Business Success: Starting a Medical Practice. Medical Group Management Association. 1st ed. August 1, 2007.
- Thomas L. (Tom) Ealey. Human Resources for Ambulatory Surgery Centers. HCPRO. 1st ed. July 1, 2006.
- "Disaster Planning: Dateline Moore Oklahoma." AAOE E-newsletter. 10/8/2013 October 8, 2013.
- with Marcy Gilstad, "11. "Mandatory Compliance and Long-term Care: Part I." Compliance Today. 2013, V15, I11, 45 - 51 July 1, 2013.
- "Welcome to The Matrix: Big Data, Data Mining, Data Analytics." AAOE E-News. May 2013 May 28, 2013.
- "Due Diligence During the Integration of Physician Groups." Healthcare Financial Management. December 2011 (online and journal editions) December 1, 2011.
- with Marcy Gilstad (Alma 2011). "ACO Invitation: A Physician Group View (commentary)." Medical Group Management Association - Conexxion. October 2011 October 1, 2011.
- "Physician Group Compliance in an Era of Integration." Health Care Compliance Association - Compliance Today. August 2011, pgs. 50-52 August 1, 2011.
- See More...
Selected Chapter Book Publications
- "Financial Domain of Knowledge." In Licensure Exam Review Course, edited by Education Committee, Reston, VA: American College of Health Care Administrators, 2009.
- "Customized Financial and Statistical Reporting." Michigan Association of CPAs. Annual Health Care Conference.
- "Weaknesses in the Physician Revenue Cycle." Health Care Compliance Association. Physician Compliance Conference, Philadelphia.
- "Monitoring Risks in Physician Practices." Michigan Association of CPAs. Livona, Mi. April 2010.
- "Financial Decision Models and Health Care Reform." Medical Group Management Association. Denver. October 2009.
- "Calculating the Impacts of Health Care Reform." Ambulatory Surgery Center Association. Chicago. October 2009.
- "Financial and Accounting Domain of Knowledge: Licensure Review Course." American College of Health Care Administrators. Providence Rhode Island. May 2009.
- See More...
Awards, Honors, Recognitions
- Article of the Year Award - American College of Medical Practice Executives
- Health Care Compliance Association
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
Service to the College
- Integrated Health Advisory Committee
Service to the Profession
- MACPA Healthcare Task Force