Daniel K. Connolly
Assistant Professor of Art and Design & Director of the Flora Kirsch Beck Art Gallery
Joined Alma College Faculty in 2009
Office Hours: T 2-3:30, W 8:30-10
Download My Full Vita
- Ph.D. University of Chicago
- M.A. University of Texas at Austin
- B.A. Trinity University
Medieval maps, pilgrimage, labyrinths, the continuation of classical heritage, manuscript studies, architecture.
Recent Courses Taught
- Sacred Travel in Non-Western Art. Art 345.
- Survey of Art History II. Art 112.
- Survey of Art History I. Art 111.
- Survey of Medieval Art. Art 280.
Directed Student Presentations and Achievements
Selected Book Publications
- Daniel K. Connolly. The Maps of Matthew Paris: medieval journeys through time, space and liturgy. Boydell and Brewer. October 2009.
Awards, Honors, Recognitions
- Millard Meiss Book Publication Award
- Western Michigan University, Frostic School of Art, Faculty Development Fund
- Western Michigan University, Haenicke Institute for Global Education, Faculty Development Grant
- International Center for the Study of Medieval Art
- Medieval Academy of America
- College Art Association
Service to the Community
- “The History of Classical Art” a series of five lectures delivered at the Ludington Area Arts Council, Ludington, MI, Summer of 2009
- “The Making of Modern Art” a series of four lectures delivered at the Ludington Area Arts Council, Ludington, MI, March and April, 2009
Service to the Profession
- Reader for Gesta, the main journal of the Interantional Center for the Study of Medieval Art
- Reader for Speculum (a journal of medieval studies, The Medieval Academy of America)