Karen L Ball, Ph.D.
Chair & Associate Professor of Integrative Physiology & Health Science
Joined Alma College Faculty in 1995
EHS / MCE 118
Office Hours: MF 10:30 - 12, T Th 10 - 11:30
- Ph.D. Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois at Chicago
- B.A. Exercise and Health Science, Alma College
Directed Student Presentations and Achievements
- Kate DeGood. Currie Summer Research Scholar
- Jillian Gettel. Effects of Cystoseira Canariensis on C2C12 Cell Behavior In Vitro
- Kate DeGood. Isothermal Titration Microcalorimetry Analysis of Mutant Cardiac TNC-TNI Interactions
- Brandon Smith. Effect of the Supplement MyoStim on Muscle Formation
- Jillian Gettel, Brandon Smith, Scott Barriger, and Karen Ball.  "Effects of Cystoseira Canariensis on C2C12 Cell Behavior In Vitro." Annual Meeting of the American College of Sports Medicine. Denver, Colorado. June, 2006.
- Patrick Furlong and Karen Ball (copresenters).  "Power to Heal? The Nevirapine Crisis and the Revival of AIDS Denialism in South Africa." African Studies Association. Washington, D.C.. November 2005.
Service to the College
- Advisor the the EHS Honor Society
- Faculty Athletics Representative
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee