Robyn L. Anderson, Ph.D., MPH
Professor of Integrative Physiology & Health Science
Joined Alma College Faculty in 1993
EHS / MCE 119
Download My Full Vita
- Ph.D., Univ of Pittsburgh, 1993
- M.P.H., Univ of Pittsburgh, 1993
- M.S., Indiana Univ of Pennsylvania, 1988
- B.S., Indiana Univ of Pennsylvania, 1985
(S)partners for Heart Health with Michigan State University, Physical Activity Epidemiology, Overweight/Obesity in Children, Aqua Exercise for Adults and Seniors
Recent Courses Taught
- School Health and Physical Education: Secondary. IPH 271b.
- School Health and Physical Education:Elementary. IPH 271a.
- Introduction to IPH Research. IPH 310.
- Health Promotion. IPH 331.
- Senior Fitness. IPH 390A.
Directed Student Presentations and Achievements
- Currie Scholars Program: The Effects of an Eight-Week Aquatic Exercise Program on Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) in the Elderly Population
- The Effect of (S)Partners for Heart health Intervention Program on the Body Composition and Food Consumption Habits of Fifth-Grade Students at Nikkari Elementary School
- Infant Mortality: Sierra Leone
- HIV and Hepatitis B in Rural Sierra Leone, West Africa
- The Effects of Water Aerobics on Cardiovascular Fitness Measured Using the 100-Step Water Test
- Home-Based Healthcare: An Imperfect Solution to the Critical Healthcare Professional Shortage in Sub-Saharan Africa
- See More...
- Elizabeth Fishback and Robyn L. Anderson, Ph.D., MPH. "The Effects of Land and Water Exercise Programs on Functional Balance in Older Adults." International Journal of Aquatic Research and Education. 2010;4(3):344-345 August 2010.
- Robyn L. Anderson, Ph.D., MPH and Elizabeth Fishback. "Balance Specific Training in Water and on Land in Older Adults: A Pilot Study." International Journal of Aquatic Research and Education. 2010;4(3):300-311 August 2010.
- Dr. Robyn Anderson with Kara Moser.  "Fifteen-year Trends in BMI for Gratiot County 6th Grade Students." Gratiot County Health Summit. MidMichigan Medical Center.
- Dr. Robyn Anderson with Panel.  "King Coal." Environmental Studies Program. Alma College.
- Dr. Robyn Anderson.  "Reproductive Health." Gulu, Uganda.
- Dr. Robyn Anderson.  "Women's Health Issues." Sports Outreach Institute. Kampala, Uganda.
- Dr. Robyn Anderson.  "Michigan/Gratiot County: Issues in Childhood Overweight." Alma College Center for Responsible Leadership. Alma College. March 2008.
- Dr. Robyn Anderson, Dr. Elizabeth Cameron, Dr. Deborah Dougherty, Dr. Janet Navarro.  "Advanced Models of Service Learning-Across the Disciplines at Alma College." Michigan Campus Compact. Livonia Michigan. February 2007.
- See More...
Selected External Research Grants
- Robyn Anderson with Friends of the Fred Meijer Heartland Trail.  "Friends of the Fred Meijer Heartland Trail." Consumers Energy Foundation Grant. Effective: January 2006.
Awards, Honors, Recognitions
- 2007 Promotion to Full Professor of EHS
- 2006 Faculty Barlow Award
- Aquatic Exercise Association
- Michigan Public Health Association
- Delta Omega National Honor Society in Public Health
Service to the College
- Gerontology Steering Committee
- Senior Fitness Program Coordinator
- Public Health Minor Program Coordinator
- Search Committee Theater and Dance
- Alma College Institutional Review Board
- Service Learning Task Force
- See More...
Service to the Community
- Healthy Children's Initiative Mid-Michigan Health
- Friends of the Fred Meijer Heartland Trail, Gratiot County Chairperson and Montcalm County Board of Directors
- City of Alma Parks Board