Dr. Feler Bose
Assistant Professor of Economics
Joined Alma College Faculty in 2008
Swanson Academic Center 246
- Ph.D., Economics, George Mason University (2007)
- M.A., Economics, George Mason University (2007)
- M.S.M.E., Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (1997)
- B.S., Chemistry & Engineering Physics, Hope College (1995)
Economics of Religion, Law & Economics, Public Choice
Recent Courses Taught
- American Enterprise System.
- Common Sense Economics.
- Economic Development, India.
- Dr. Feler Bose. "Homo Economicus Meets Homo Religiosus: A Collaborative Undergraduate Course in Economics and Religion." Christian Business Academy Review . 2013 (expected)
- Dr. Feler Bose (with Roger Congleton). "The Rise of the Modern Welfare State, Ideology, Institutions, and Income Security: Analysis and Evidence." Public Choice. 2010, 144, 3, 535
- Dr. Feler Bose. "Parliament vs. Supreme Court: A Veto Player Framework of the Indian Constitutional Experiment in the Area of Economic and Civil Rights." Constitutional Political Economy. 2010, 21, 336-359
Selected Chapter Book Publications
- "Public Choice and the Modern Welfare State, On the Growth of Government in the Twentieth Century." William Shughart, Laura Razzolini, and Michael Reksulak, Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar, 2012 (expected).
- "Funding the Faiths:Toward a Theory of Religious Finance." In Oxford Handbook of the Economics of Religion, edited by Rachel M. McCleary, Oxford University Press, 2010.
- "Developing the Sexual Freedom Index." The Association of Private Enterprise Education. Las Vegas, NV.
- "Economics of Medical Tourism and a personal experience." The Association of Private Enterprise Education. Las Vegas, NV.
- "Environmentalism and Religion: Substitutes or Complements?." Association for the Study of Religion, Economics and Culture conference & The Association of Private Enterprise Education. Washington DC and Nassau.
- "The Green Marketplace: Applying a Model of Church and Sect to the Environmental Movement." Public Choice Society Annual Meeting. Monterey, CA.
- "Financing of Religion: Theory and Evidence." Association for the Study of Religion, Economics and Culture. Louisville, KY.
Selected External Research Grants
- Feler Bose.  Feler Bose.  "Liberty and Markets III." CK Foundation. Effective: 2012.
- Feler Bose.  "Liberty & Markets II." CGK Foundation. Effective: 2011.
- Feler Bose.  "Liberty and Markets." CGK Charitable Foundation. Effective: 2010.
Service to the College
- Strategy and Planning Council.
- Health Signature Coordinating Committee