Patrick J Furlong, Ph.D.
Go Back to the Full Profile
Directed Student Presentations and Achievements
- Lindsey Miller. "Montgomery's 1944 Fiasco: Market Garden Revisited." Phi Alpha Theta regional annual meeting, Ferris State University, March 2013
- Joseph Caporale. "Competing Views of a Nazi Europe: Fritz Sauckel, Albert Speer, and the 1943 Franco-German Bichelonne Agreements." (Best Paper Award, political history) Phi Alpha Theta regional annual meeting, Indiana Wesleyan University, March 2012.
- Erik Hanser. "Comrades and Freedom Fighters: The African National Congress and Communism in South Africa in the 1950s." (Best Paper Award) Phi Alpha Theta regional annual meeting, Oakland University, March 2011.
- Porter, Katherine. “Field Marshal Alexander and the `Failure’ of the Sicilian Campaign, July-August 1943.” Clement S. Stacy Undergraduate Research Conference, Purdue University Calumet, April 2009.
- Freeman, Jaclyn. "The Forgotten Sector of Operation `TORCH': General Anderson's Failed Advance on Tunis, November-December 1942." (Best Paper Award) Phi Alpha Theta regional annual meeting, Michigan State University, March 2009.
- Eldred, Bethany. "The Great Allied Cover-Up? British and American Responses to the Katyn Massacre." Michigan Academy, Western Michigan University, March 2008.
- Sherman, Matthew. "Commanders and Commanded: Intra-Allied Conflict and Critical Delays During the Italian Armistice Negotiations, July-September 1943." Phi Alpha Theta annual regional meeting, Michigan State University, March 2007.
- Kisser, Bethany. "The Synergy of Elements: The Stalling of the Allied Advance in Italy at the Gothic Line, Fall 1944-Winter 1945." Phi Alpha Theta annual regional meeting, Michigan State University, March 2007.