Peggy A. Thelen, Ph. D.
Go Back to the Full Profile
- Dr. Elizabeth Cameron.  "Children with Food Allergies: Best Practices in Early Childhood Programs." Michigan Association for the Education of Young Children. Grand Rapids, MI. April 4 & 5, 2013.
- Dr. Elizabeth Cameron.  "Keeping children safe: Adressing food allergy issues and concerns." National Association for the Education of Young Children. Atlanta, Georgia. November 10, 2012.
- Dr. Elizabeth Cameron, Anne Ritz, Caitlin Hamstra.  "A Collaboration in the Pursuit of Civic Engagement Through Service Learning." Intercultural Horizons Conference 2012. New York City, New York. October 4, 2012.
- "English Language Workshop: Reading Realities in the College Classroom." Advanced Reading for International Students. English Language Institute, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, MI. April 3, 2012.
- Michigan Delegation of MiAEYC Representatives.  "2012 NAEYC Public Policy Forum." U. S. Senators and Representatives. Washington D. C.. February 28-29.
- Dr. Lynda Ludy.  "Yes! Early Learning Does Pave the Path to College Doors and Beyond." 2012 Annual Conference of the Michigan Academy of Science, Arts & Letters. Alma, MI. March 2, 2012.
- Dr. Elizabeth Cameron.  ""Wii Play Together: An Expedition in Community Collaboration--It's a Win Win!"." Service Learning Civic Engagment Institute. East Lansing, MI. January 31, 2012.
- Dr. Elizabeth Cameron.  ""Curriculum & Pedagogy: Critical Indicators of Campus Engagement"." Michigan Campus Compact, Network Meeting,. University of Michigan-Flint, Flint, Mi. November 4, 2011.
- Hagen, J. & Selley, R..  "Success in Emerging Adulthood: Navigating the College Experience." 5th Conference on Emerging Adulthood. Providence, Rhode Island. October 28, 2011.
- "My Identity, My Purpose." Michigan Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters. Saginaw, MI. March 11, 2011.
- "Creating a Successful Peer Editing Environment in the Classroom." Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching. Traverse City, MI. September 25, 2010.
- Anne Ritz and Dr. Elizabeth Cameron.  ""Service Learning Innovation, Implementation, and Assessment"." Mott Community College. Flint, Michigan. October 29, 2010.
- Dr. Elizabeth Cameron.  "The Power of Collaborative Teaching Using Service-Learning: We Really Should Play Together." Michigan Campus Compact Institute for Service Learning and Engagement. Traverse City, MI. February 9, 2010.
- "Thinking is fun! Mathematics thinking environments in Grades 1-2." Michigan Association of Non-public Schools. Detroit, MI. October 29, 2009.
- "The Fast Track to Designing Service-Learning Projects for Higher Ed Students: A Step-by-Step Approach." 13th Annual Institute: Service -Learning and Civic Engagement. Grand Rapids, MI. February 13, 2009.
- Ms. Tammy Klifman, MA, CCC-SLP.  "Tips and Techniques to Support Children with Special Needs in the Inclusive Classroom." Michigan Association for the Education of Young Children. Amway Grand Plaza, Grand Rapids, MI. April 12, 2008.
- "Integrating Technology and Service Learning in the Classroom." Michigan Association of Computer Users in Learning. Grand Rapids, Michigan. March 7, 2008.
- Dr. Janet Navarro.  "Learning to Teach, Learning to Serve." Michigan Campus Compact Service Learning Institute. Schoolcraft College, Livonia, MI. February 8-9, 2007.
- Peggy Thelen.  "Preservice Teachers Integrating Service Learning and Technology: Let's Brainstorm!." Lilly North Conference 2006. Traverse City, MI. September 15, 2006.
- Anne Ritz.  "e2e Mentoring: If we can do it, so can you!." Institute on Service-Learning. Flint, MI. February 17, 2006.
- "Kindergarten Teacher Perceptions Regarding the Development of Young Children’s Emerging Literacy Skills." Michgian State University Extension Conference. East Lansing, MI. March 2005.
- "What Page Are We On? Exploring Early Literacy Overlaps and Dissconnects Between Teachers and Parents." Michigan Association for the Education of Young Children. Grand Rapids, MI. April 15, 2005.
- Dr. Mark Seals.  "Communicating Effectively with Parents.." Monroe County Intermediate School District. Monroe, MI. November, 2004.