Patrick J Furlong, Ph.D.
Go Back to the Full Profile
- "Indigenous `Africans' and Transnational `Pan-Netherlanders': `Re-Constructing' Afrikaner Identity in Post-Apartheid South Africa." African Studies Association. Washington DC. 19 November 2011.
- "Constructing an `Indigenous' Identity: The Case of Afrikaner Nationalism in Modern South Africa." Great Lakes History Conference. Grand Rapids, Michigan. 14 November 2009.
- "After the Fall: Reassessing Afrikaner Nationalism in South Africa." African Studies Association. Chicago, Illinois. 14 November 2008.
- "An Ambiguous Colonial Legacy: `Constitutionalist' `Christian' Nationalism in Ireland and South Africa in the 1930s and 1940s." Great Lakes History Conference. Grand Rapids, Michigan. 27 October 2007.
- "Afrikaner Nationalism and the European Right." American Historical Association. Atlanta, Georgia. 7 January 2007.
- "Liberation Struggles and Post-Revolutionary Politics in South Africa: The National Party and the African National Congress Compared." Great Lakes History Conference. Grand Rapids, Michigan. 20 October 2006.
- Patrick J. Furlong (with Karen L. Ball).  "The Nevirapine Crisis, the Revival of Denialism, and the Continued Politicization of AIDS in South Africa." African Studies Association Annual Meeting. Washington DC. November 2005.
- "Allies at War? Britain and the `Southern African Front' in World War II." South African Historical Society Biennial Conference. Cape Town, South Africa. June 2005.