Sean J. Mo, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Joined Alma College Faculty in 2006
Office Hours: M, T, W: 1:00-2:20p & 3:30-4:30p, Th: 9:00-11:30a, Fri: By Appointment Only
- Ph.D., Emory University
- B.A., Whitman College
Computational Chemistry in the field of Nano-Sciences
-organic dye sensitized solar cells
-electron transfer systems
Alternative Energy Sources Research
- bio-diesel synthesis
- energy efficiency and conservation
Air Quality Research
- AQ study in Quito, Ecuador
La Secretaria de Ambiente,
La Secretaria de Mobilidad,
Recent Courses Taught
- Senior Seminar. CHM 450.
- Physical Chemistry II. CHM 332.
Directed Student Presentations and Achievements
- Honor's Day 2009
- Honor's Day 2008
- S.J. Mo.  "Alternative Energy Research at an Undergradaute Liberal Arts College." American Chemical Society. San Francisco. March, 2010.
- S.J. Mo and P. Marsteller.  "Problem Based Learning in Large Chemistry Lecture Courses." International Conference Problem Based Learning. Lima, Peru.
Selected External Research Grants
- Sean J. Mo.  Alma Public Schools (Donald Pavlik Middle School).  "Michigan Renewable Energy Program." Energy Works Michigan. Effective: December 28, 2010.
Awards, Honors, Recognitions
- Faculty Small Grant Award 2009-10
- Faculty Small Grant Award 2008-09
- American Chemical Society
Service to the College
Service to the Community
- Scholars Summit Interviewer 06-11
Service to the Profession
- Advisor to Alma College Chemistry Club, XEM 07-11