Assistant Professor of Physics
Joined Alma College Faculty in 2009
Office Hours: MTu 10:30–11:30; M 1:30-2:30; Tu 4-5; Th 11-12; or by appointment.
Download My Full Vita
- Ph.D., Physics, The University of Chicago (2006)
- B.S., Physics & Mathematics, Harvey Mudd College (1998)
String theory, Branes and monopoles, Doubled geometry, Chiral symmetry breaking
Recent Courses Taught
- Electricity and Magnetism. PHY 321.
- General Physics. PHY 112.
- Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics. PHY 323.
Directed Student Presentations and Achievements
- Steuard Jensen. "The KK-monopole/NS5-brane in doubled geometry." Journal of High Energy Physics. Volume 2011. Number 7. p. 88 July 20, 2011.
- Steuard Jensen (with Eduard Antonyan, Jeff Harvey, and David Kutasov). "NJL and QCD from String Theory." arXiv.org. hep-th/0604017 April 3, 2006.
- Steuard Jensen (with Jeff Harvey). "Worldsheet instanton corrections to the Kaluza-Klein monopole." Journal of High Energy Physics. Volume 2005. Number 10. p. 28. October 11, 2005.
- Steuard Jensen.  "The Localized KK-Monopole/NS5-Brane in Doubled Geometry." Great Lakes Strings Conference. Chicago, IL. April 30, 2011.