Elizabeth A. Cameron
Chair & Professor of Business Administration and International Business Administration
Joined Alma College Faculty in 1988
Office Hours: MW 10:00-12:00, TTH 11:30-12:50, 2:30-4:30
Professor Cameron is a business consultant and licensed attorney who provides real life examples in her management and law classes. Dr. Cameron is dedicated to teaching and working with students to achieve their goals. She has taught overseas couses in Belgium and Australia. In addition to teaching and research Dr. Cameron serves as a pre-law advisor and advisor to The Barrister Society.
Professor Cameron is passionate about teaching and incorporates service learning into her courses. She is the recipient of the Michigan Campus Compact Faculty Community Service-Learning Award. Also, Dr. Cameron is the recipient of MALSB Master Teacher Award.
Dr. Cameron's research focuses on consumer law and real property law issues. She has received several awards for her research including: MBAA International McGraw-Hill/Irwin Distinguished Paper Award, Best Paper in the Proceedings of the Midwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business and Best Paper Published in Any Source in the Real Estate Law Journal.
Dr. Cameron is professionally active in her field and serves as a member of the MBAA Advisory Council and is past president of the Midwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business.
- J.D., Thomas M. Cooley Law School Certificate of Merit: Lawyering Before Trial
- M.B.A., Saginaw Valley State University
- Certificate in International Business, Saginaw Valley State University
- B.B.A., Saginaw Valley State University
Accommodating Disabilities, Legal Issues Impacting Children, Identity Theft, Time Shares & Real Estate Ownership, E-Commerce Law, Pyramid Schemes, and other Consumer Law Issues
Recent Courses Taught
- Management. (Bus 323).
- Business Law II. (Bus 326).
- Business Law I. (Bus 325).
- Everyday Law. (FYS 101).
- Fundamentals of Law. (Bus 180).
- Business Communication. (Bus 301).
Selected Book Publications
- Elizabeth A. Cameron. Reprinted Cases and Problems included in "The Law of Marketing," by Lynda J. Oswald, 2nd Edition, Cengage Learning, South-Western Publishing, 2011..
- Elizabeth A. Cameron. "Management Study Guide" to accompany Hellriegel, Jackson and Slocum's Management,. South-Western Publishing company. 8th and 7th ed. 1999.
- Cases and Problems included in "The Law of Marketing by Lynda J. Oswald". West Publishing Company. 2002.
- Elizabeth A. Cameron and Peggy Thelen. "Allery Issues and Concerns in the Classroom: Keeping Students Safe." Young Children. September 2012, Vol. 67, No. 4
- Elizabeth A. Cameron, Alma College, Dawn R. Swink, University of St. Thomas, and Kelly Hall, Alma Alumna.. "Accommodating Students with Learning Disabilities in Higher Education--Qualifications and Extent of Academic Accommodation." Proceedings for Midwest Academy of Legal Studies.
- Elizabeth A. Cameron and Salina Maxwell, MSU College of Law/ Alma Alumnus. "Protecting Consumers: The Contractual and Real Estate Issues Involving Timeshares, Quartershres, and Fractional Ownerships,"." Real Estate Law Journal. Vol 37, No. 4, Spring 2009
- Elizabeth A. Cameron and Tom Ealey. "The Ties That Bind....Operational, Ethical Issues of Restrictive Covenants.." Medical Group Management Association--Connexion.. Vol. 7, No. 6 July 2007.
- Dawn R. Swink, Univeristy of St. Thomas, and Joseph Galante, Millersville University,. ""The Impact of Stigma on Environmental Liability Claims,"." Real Estate Law Journal. Vol. 31, Number 2, 2002.
- ""E-Commerce: Pyramid Schemes and Fraudulent Marketing Tactics--The FTC and Consumer Proctection,"." Proceedings of Midwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business. March 19,.
- See More...
- Review of Dynamic Business Law, by Kubasek, Browne, Herron, Giampetro-Meyer, et al.. McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
- Review of Principles of Management, by Bruno Dyck and Mitchell Neurbert. Houghton Mifflin Publishing.
Selected Creative Works
- "Boarding Schools and Troubled Teens:Contract Analysis-ABM Ministries, Inc.." Midwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business. Chicago, Illinois. February 28, 2013.
- Elizabeth Cameron & Peggy Thelen.  "Allergy Issues and Concerns for Children in the Classroom: Health & Safety-Keeping Young Children Safe." National Association of the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Atlanta, Georgia. November 10, 2012.
- Elizabeth Cameron, Peggy Thelen, Caitlin Hamstra, Anne Ritz.  "A Collaboration in the Pursuit of Civic Engagement through Service Learning." 2012 Intercultural Horizons Conference. SUNY Global Center, New York, New York. October 4, 2012.
- Elizabeth A. Cameron and Peggy Thelen.  "Wii Play Together: An Expedition in Community Collaboration--It's a Win, Win!." Service-Learning & Civic Engagement Institute, Michigan Campus Compact. Lansing, Michigan. January 31, 2012.
- Elizabeth A. Cameron and Dawn R. Swink, University of St. Thomas.  "Accommodating Students with Learning Disabilities in Higher Education--Qualifications and Extent of Academic Accommodation." Midwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business. Chicago, Illinois. March 29, 2012.
- Elizabeth Cameron, Anne Ritz, & Peggy Thelen.  ""Curriculum & Pedagogy--Critical Indicators of Campus Engagement"." Michigan Campus Compact, Network Meeting. University of Michigan-Flint. November 4, 2011.
- See More...
Awards, Honors, Recognitions
- Elected to the Academy of Legal Studies in Business House of Delegates [2013-2015]
- 2011 MALSB Master Teacher Award
- 2009 MBAA International McGraw-Hill/Irwin Distinguished Paper Award
- 2008 Michigan Campus Compact Faculty Community Service-Learning Award
- Best Paper Published in Any Source, Midwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business, "Employee Use of the Internet: Where Voyage is Forbidden," March 18, 2005
- Posey Award for Teaching Excellence, September 9, 2004.
- See More...
- Gratiot County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan, Health Care Law & Probate and Estate Planning Section Member
- Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- MBAA International
- Midwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business
Service to the College
- Discovering Vocation Project Committee (Reviewer for the Faculty Research Grants and Religious Study Grant)
- Advisor for the Barrister Society
- Pre-Law Advising Group
- Service Learning Task Force
- George Gazmararian Scholarship Committee