ACUB is student organization run by some of the campus’s top student leaders. ACUB provides several types of programming designed to bring the campus together and to enable all Scots to have a blast during their 4 years at Alma! These events include:
- Excursions- Through the year, ACUB provides opportunities for students to get off campus and visit some of the top entertainment venues in the area! Some highlights include Tigers, Red Wings, and Pistons games, trips to Cedar Point, Caberfae Ski trip, and many more!
- Annual Events & Outside Talent- Every year, ACUB brings several great performers and entertainers to campus! Some entertainers include comedians, on-campus concerts, and our annual Casino Night.
- Games & Activities- Looking for something to do on a Saturday night? ACUB’s here to help! Whether its a Euchre Tournament, Deal or No Deal, or an Open Mic Night, ACUB provides events every weekend to bring Scots together and to add to Alma’s warm, tight-knit community.
ACUB also provides staging and sound equipment. If your organization is interested in renting ACUB sound or staging equipment, please see the information below.
The Student Lounge, located next to VanDusen, is a place where students can come relax, hang out with friends or study! Loaded with couches, TVs and many different types of entertainment including:
- Wii System, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.
- Projector System & Screen
- Board Games
Interested in reserving the Student Lounge or renting ACUB sound equipment and staging? Contact Jake Esselink at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACUB Board & Hiring
Interested in marketing? Studying business? Want to be a part of the event planning process — and get paid!? Join ACUB!
ACUB is a student employment opportunity that employs up to 15 executive board members each year. These students are some of the top leaders on campus and are responsible for all parts of the event planning process including advertising, networking with performers, hanging out with performers before and after their events, and so much more!
ACUB employees also have the opportunity to attend regional and national conferences during the school year and throughout the summer! These conferences enable students to travel all over the US, network with other students and entertainers, and develop their leadership and programming skills!
Check out some photos of the ACUB executive board below!