Kappa Iota

Kappa Iota

Sisters of the Kappa Iota sorority at Winter 2014 Walk-Outs

Kappa Iota was founded on the Alma College campus on October 12, 1921, as a literary society. In 1950, it changed to the Kappa Iota sorority. After some difficulty in membership, the sorority disbanded. However, on April 1, 1977 a group of sisters banded together and reinstated the sorority on campus.  

The sorority has always focused on building open-mindedness, loyalty and sisterhood. KI also stresses the individuality of each member. Kappa Iota survives and thrives on what each member brings to the sisterhood.

Our colors are violet and gold; our flowers are violets and daffodils, which are special to us because they bloom on our birthday, April 1; our faculty advisor is Dr. Dana Aspinall; and our philanthropy is the Women’s Aid Shelter of Gratiot County.