New transcript services coming soon! Alma College will soon be transitioning to Parchment transcript services. This will provide current and past students the convenience of online ordering, quick processing, and secure delivery of your transcripts. Processing fees will apply to all current and past students and will vary based on the method of delivery.
Types of Transcripts
Official: These transcripts are sent directly to a third party (such as an institution or prospective employer) from Alma College.
Issued to Student: These transcripts (with the Registrar’s Office seal) are sent to the student in a sealed envelope. Breaking the envelope’s seal will invalidate the official transcript. This type of transcript may not be considered official by all receiving parties.
Unofficial: These transcripts are issued with a “copy only” stamp on them. They are not assured by Alma College as being an official, unaltered version of the transcript. E-mail and fax copies of transcripts are considered unofficial.
(Please note: Transcripts take three to five (3-5) business days to process. Your hand-written signature is required for us to release a transcript. If you are on a business office hold your transcripts cannot be released, until the hold has been lifted. A new transcript request form is required if the business office hold is not lifted within 3 months.)
You may request a transcript via any of the following methods:
- Download the Transcript Request Form and send it to the Registrar’s Office requesting the transcript. The address is:
614 W. Superior Street
Alma, MI 48801
- FAX the Transcript Request Form to the Registrar’s Office (989-463-7578); or
- Fill out a form in the Registrar’s Office; or
- E-mail a Transcript Request Form with “transcript request” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. (You must scan and attach your hand-written signature.)
Whichever method you choose, you need to complete all blanks on the form, including:
- Approximate dates of attendance;
- Social Security number or date of birth;
- Former (or maiden) name;
- Your current address and phone number (if it is a new address, please ask that we update your records);
- Address (including name and/or department) to which transcript is to be sent;
- Your signature;
- What type of transcript you need (official, student copy or unofficial).
The cost is $2 per transcript sent. You will receive a confirmation notice with a billing statement when the transcript is sent. Checks or cash can be mailed to: Alma College Attn: Registrar’s Office 614 W Superior St. Alma, MI 48801. An additional $20.00 fee is charged for overnight shipments within the United States.
If you have questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office during working hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Friday at 989-463-7348.