We are pleased to offer three different types of transcripts to meet your needs: official, unofficial and issued to student.
Types of Transcripts
Official: These transcripts are sent directly to a third party (such as an institution or prospective employer) from Alma College.
Issued to Student: These transcripts (with the Registrar’s Office seal) are sent to the student in a sealed envelope. Breaking the envelope’s seal will invalidate the official transcript. This type of transcript may not be considered official by all receiving parties.
Unofficial: These transcripts are issued with a “copy only” stamp on them. They are not assured by Alma College as being an official, unaltered version of the transcript. E-mail and fax copies of transcripts are considered unofficial.
(Please note: Transcripts take three to five (3-5) business days to process. Your hand-written signature is required for us to release a transcript. If you are on a business office hold your transcripts cannot be released, until the hold has been lifted. A new transcript request form is required if the business office hold is not lifted within 3 months.)
You may request a transcript via any of the following methods:
- Download the Transcript Request Form and send it to the Registrar’s Office requesting the transcript. The address is:
614 W. Superior Street
Alma, MI 48801
- FAX the Transcript Request Form to the Registrar’s Office (989-463-7578); or
- Fill out a form in the Registrar’s Office; or
- E-mail a Transcript Request Form with “transcript request” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. (You must scan and attach your hand-written signature.)
Whichever method you choose, you need to complete all blanks on the form, including:
- Approximate dates of attendance;
- Social Security number or date of birth;
- Former (or maiden) name;
- Your current address and phone number (if it is a new address, please ask that we update your records);
- Address (including name and/or department) to which transcript is to be sent;
- Your signature;
- What type of transcript you need (official, student copy or unofficial).
The cost is $2 per transcript sent. You will receive a confirmation notice with a billing statement when the transcript is sent. Checks or cash can be mailed to: Alma College Attn: Registrar’s Office 614 W Superior St. Alma, MI 48801.
If you have questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office during working hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Friday at 989-463-7348.