We are here to help you with your campus computing questions and concerns.
Computing resources at Alma College are of a diverse nature. General labs, residence halls, and departmental labs make use of PC systems running mainly Windows and Macintosh systems running Mac OS X. UNIX and Linux systems are also in use on campus, mainly as servers and in Computer Science labs.
Wireless network access is available in all campus buildings, including the Wright Avenue Apartments, theme housing units, and the Alma College Bookstore.
Guests may also access the campus wireless network, using a one-day guest pass. Guest users requiring longer than a one-day pass should contact User Services for assistance. If you have difficulties, contact Information Technology Services at (989) 463-7303 for assistance.
One-day Network Guest Pass Instructions
- Select “ACGuest” wireless network from your wireless device.
- Open a web browser and try to open a web page. You should be directed to the Alma College Network Registration page. If not, manually navigate to: cmrc.alma.edu/registration
- Choose the “1 Day Guest Account” option at the bottom of the screen. New devices must be scanned before being allowed network access. This can take a couple of minutes.
- A restart of your device may be required to finish the registration process.
- Change Password
- Helpdesk Online
- InsideAlma portal
- Student Print Management FAQ
- Gaming Device Registration
- Salvage Computer Sale
Implementation of Single Sign On authentication services, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, an offsite disaster recovery site, new printing and electronic document management software, and 63% growth in bandwidth consumption are changing the way Alma College faculty, staff, and students work.
Mobile devices, iPads, online databases and active learning classrooms are changing the way faculty teach.