The Financial Aid Office at Alma College is committed to removing financial barriers for those who wish to pursue postsecondary learning, making every effort to assist students in their college fiscal planning.
We do this by:
- Educating students and families through quality consumer information including mailings and a regularly updated Web site.
- Ensuring equity by applying all need analysis formulas and packaging policies consistently across the institution’s full population of student financial aid applicants.
- Respecting the dignity and privacy of students to assure the confidentiality of student records and personal circumstances.
- Providing services which do not discriminate against students on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age or economic status.
- Submitting award notifications and denials within a reasonable amount of time from the date of application.
- Ensuring students have explored all potential sources of aid and recommending the student borrows the minimum amount needed.
Alma College does not require the use of particular lenders or in any way limit the choice of lenders. Furthermore, Alma College will process loan applications through any lender a student or parent chooses.
Alma College selects lenders using the best combination of price, access to funds, and service to our students and families, and to ensure this the college reviews the recommended lender list annually.
Alma College conducts business in an ethical manner with all lenders, making every effort to avoid a conflict of interest. To ensure honesty and integrity, Alma College:
- Does not assign for any borrower, through award packaging or other methods.
- Will not accept anything of value from any lender in exchange for preference in making educational loans to students enrolled or admitted to Alma College.
- Prohibits employees from taking from any lender any gift worth more than a nominal value from a student loan provider.
- Prohibits employees from entering into any type of consulting arrangement or other contract to provide to a lender services relating to educational loans.
- Prohibits employees who serve on an advisory board (or commission or group) relating to educational loans established by a lender or group of lenders from receiving anything of value from the lender or group of lenders in connection with serving on such advisory board.
- Will not accept money, staffing services, equipment and/or printing services from student loan providers and prohibits external lenders from identifying themselves to students and parents as employees of Alma College.