This online privacy statement is intended to inform you of the ways in which the Alma College web site collects information, the uses to which that information will be put, and the ways in which we will protect any information you choose to provide us.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form on our site. When making a payment or purchase on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, identification number and/or e-mail address.
How do we use your information?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used on one or more of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website content and organization based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your requests and support needs).
- To process transactions. Note: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company or organization for any reason whatsoever without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service you have requested.
- To send periodic e-mails. Note: The e-mail address you provide when making payments or purchases may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your payment or purchase in addition to occasional college news and updates. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mail notices, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each e-mail message.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information, such as data encryption and using secure third-party vendors.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or to protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
We work with third-party vendors who utilize tracking technology to collect data about our website usage. Data recorded through the use of this technology is aggregated and shared with us to help us improve our communication efforts. The vendors will not share any personally identifiable information about you with the college. You can opt-out of this data collection by visiting this link.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites.
Communication and Marketing Office
614 W. Superior Street
Alma, Michigan 48801