The position will provide information and analysis to facilitate resource allocation, assessment of student learning, enrollment management and other strategic decision-making processes.
This position reports to the Provost, and will consult periodically with the President and members of the Executive staff. Essential skills include the ability to:
- Assist in the development and execution of comprehensive institutional assessment and data reporting processes;
- Conduct complex analyses related to program evaluation and the measurement of student learning outcomes;
- Prepare assessment data for presentation to campus in broadly accessible formats (e.g., dashboards, charts and displays);
- Extract and manage data from campus information system and data warehouse, as well as from external databases such as IPEDS
- Work collaboratively to assure data integrity and consistent campus-wide reporting;
- Provide support for various government reporting requirements;
- Serve as institutional liaison for external consortia.
Required qualifications include a master’s degree in a research-oriented field and previous experience in statistical analysis and institutional planning. Additional qualifications include excellent organizational skills; the ability to work collaboratively; facility with advanced statistical techniques; experience using computer software for data extraction and analysis; and the ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Preferred qualifications include experience with SQL, SPSS, and Ellucian (Datatel) software and strong communication skills.
Review of applications will begin April 28, 2014. Send letter of application, a current résumé, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references electronically to Research Analyst Search Committee Coordinator Jenny Cooley, email@example.com.
A Phi Beta Kappa institution, Alma is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. For more information about the College, visit www.alma.edu.