March 11, 2014
These positions will receive supervision from the Vice President for Advancement.
- Cultivate and develop constituent relationships by making phone calls to identify, qualify, and solicit 250 steward, alumni, parents, grads, businesses and secure gifts for the next campaign
- Major gift cultivation and solicitation of assigned prospects within an assigned region $1,000 and above
- Research foundations and corporations to match campus projects
- Must be able to relate well to individuals based on the donor-centered institution, to have trust, integrity, an authentic interest in people, the ability to understand philanthropy and to be financially literate
- Communicate details of events with the president, vice president and other staff members
- Bachelor’s degree
- Extensive travel
- Work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is essential
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Microsoft Word
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in database management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Five years fundraising experience in higher education
- Special events experience
- Travel independently in and out of state via car, airplane or train as necessary
- Lifting up to 20 pounds
- Sitting at a desk for up to 8 hours
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, current resume, and the names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to:
Melissa McQueen, Administrative Assistant
614 W. Superior St.
Alma, MI. 48801
Materials may also be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until position has been filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.