February 20, 2014
This position reports to a Custodial Supervisor
1. Cleans dust and debris resulting from day’s activities. Rearranges or set up rooms, tables and chairs as per instructions. Notifies supervisor concerning the need for repairs.
2. Sweeps, vacuums and washes interior of rooms, hallways and office areas. Keeps garbage containers empty of trash.
3. Maintains and cleans restrooms; keeps restrooms supplied with paper products and soaps.
4. Assists with building maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs, etc. as assigned.
5. May be on call for emergency or weather related needs. Assists in snow removal activities.
6. Performs other duties as required.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to read and write in the English language.
1. Previous custodial experience.
1. Ability to perform custodial duties and to work independently.
2. Ability to lift 35 pounds daily and 80 pounds occasionally.
Please fax a letter of application and resume to (989) 463-7787 or apply in person at the Human Resources Office, Alma College, Centennial House, 320 Maple St. by 4:00 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28, 2014.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.