The director will assist the President and Executive Staff by providing information and analysis to facilitate resource allocation, assessment of student learning, enrollment management and other strategic decision-making. This individual will also assure compliance with external reporting requirements.
This position reports to the Provost and regularly consults with the President.
Essential skills include the ability to:
- Implement an annual assessment and reporting calendar that provides actionable data, including enrollment and financial aid projections;
- Conduct complex analyses related to program evaluation and the measurement of student learning outcomes;
- Share assessment data with campus in broadly accessible formats (e.g., dashboards, charts and displays, and audience-specific presentations);
- Actively consult with faculty and staff on the development of assessment tools and interpretation of resulting data;
- Work collaboratively to assure data integrity and consistent campus-wide reporting;
- Assure compliance with government reporting requirements;
- Compile, interpret and report data from various campus and external sources and serve as institutional liaison for external consortia.
Required qualifications include a master’s degree in a research-oriented field and three years of experience in statistical analysis and institutional planning. Additional qualifications include excellent organizational and communication skills; the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, students and staff; facility with advanced statistical techniques; experience using computer software for data extraction and analysis; proficiency in research design and survey methodology; and the ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Preferred qualifications include a Ph.D. and higher education experience; experience with institution- and student-level analyses; with IPEDS and the student loan clearinghouse; with SQL, SPSS, and Ellucian (Datatel) software; and with college-level teaching.
Review of applications will begin January 3, 2014. Send letter of application, a current résumé, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references electronically to DIR Search Committee Coordinator Jenny Cooley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Phi Beta Kappa institution, Alma is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. For more information about the College, visit www.alma.edu.