December 09, 2013
The director will assist the President and Executive Staff by providing information and analysis to facilitate resource allocation, assessment of student learning, enrollment management and other strategic decision-making. This individual will also assure compliance with external reporting requirements.
This position reports to the Provost and regularly consults with the President.
Essential skills include the ability to:
- Implement an annual assessment and reporting calendar that provides actionable data, including enrollment and financial aid projections;
- Conduct complex analyses related to program evaluation and the measurement of student learning outcomes;
- Share assessment data with campus in broadly accessible formats (e.g., dashboards, charts and displays, and audience-specific presentations);
- Actively consult with faculty and staff on the development of assessment tools and interpretation of resulting data;
- Work collaboratively to assure data integrity and consistent campus-wide reporting;
- Assure compliance with government reporting requirements;
- Compile, interpret and report data from various campus and external sources and serve as institutional liaison for external consortia.
Required qualifications include a master’s degree in a research-oriented field and three years of experience in statistical analysis and institutional planning. Additional qualifications include excellent organizational and communication skills; the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, students and staff; facility with advanced statistical techniques; experience using computer software for data extraction and analysis; proficiency in research design and survey methodology; and the ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Preferred qualifications include a Ph.D. and higher education experience; experience with institution- and student-level analyses; with IPEDS and the student loan clearinghouse; with SQL, SPSS, and Ellucian (Datatel) software; and with college-level teaching.
Review of applications will begin January 3, 2014. Send letter of application, a current résumé, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references electronically to DIR Search Committee Coordinator Jenny Cooley at email@example.com.
A Phi Beta Kappa institution, Alma is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. For more information about the College, visit www.alma.edu.