Planned and Life Income Gifts are tools for making significant gifts to Alma College in ways that can be extremely tax advantageous for donors. These include:
- Bequests through a will;
- Gift annuities, which provide life income to donors and beneficiaries;
- Charitable remainder trusts, which create life income for donors plus a tax deduction for up to six years;
- Charitable lead trusts allow transfer of assets to heirs at reduced tax cost and generous gift to Alma College;
- Life insurance policies — naming Alma College as a beneficiary or gifting ownership of policy to the College;
- Retirement plan assets — naming Alma College as beneficiary.