Guest housing is available on campus at the Smith Alumni House.
The Smith Alumni House has three guest rooms on the second floor, ranging from $60-85 per night. Use of the first floor kitchen and living area is permitted, although at times this area is rented for events. The first floor is also an office during business hours. The entire Smith Alumni House is air conditioned.
- Brenneman Reception Area — first floor with a maximum of 50 people. There is a $50 reservation fee for non-campus community use.
- The McDonough Suite — $85/night and includes a living area with a full size hide-a-bed, separate bedroom with a queen bed and a private bath.
- The Raymond-Carl Room — $75/night and includes a small living area, queen bed, full size hide-a-bed and private bath.
- The Meyer Room — $65/night and includes a queen size bed and private bath. This room is located on the first floor and is accessible.
- The Leonard Room — $65/night and includes a queen size bed and private bath.
Guests receive a 10% discount if they book 5 or more consecutive nights. All rooms have an additional 6% sales tax.
Policies and Procedures
- Please contact the Alumni House at (989) 463-7245 or email@example.com during business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday) to check room availability.
- Reservations must be guaranteed with a budget number or major credit card.
- Check-in is at 3 p.m.; Check-out is at noon
Single Room Rental
- Cancellations are requested a minimum of 48 hour before intended arrival or the credit card on file will be assessed half of the first night’s cost.
Multiple Room Block/Rental
- Rooms must be confirmed at least one week prior to the event. A staff member will call to confirm the number and types of rooms needed and the reservation may be adjusted at this time; upon confirmation, the credit card will be charged for half of the room fee.
- Reservations may be adjusted after the one week mark; however the person reserving will still be responsible for half of the room rate if rooms are canceled and it will be billed to the credit card on file. Failure to confirm or respond does not negate this policy.
- Upon departure, the remaining balance will be charged to the credit card on file unless another card is provided.
- Keys may be picked up at the Smith Alumni House before 5 p.m. Monday – Friday. After hours, keys may be accessed by calling Alma College Security at (989) 463-7777.
- All keys must be returned to the Alumni office or placed in the drop box (back entrance to the Alumni House or lobby of the Gelston Guest suite).
- Lost key fee: $25 per key.
- Meals are not provided for guests.
- Linens are provided.
- Pets other than service animals are not permitted at any time.
- The Smith Alumni House is an office space.
Priorities of Use (on high-demand dates):
- Alumni Board
- Parent Board
- Alumni, Donors, Parents, Faculty & Staff
- Campus Organizations
- Community Events/Organizations
Specific limited dates (currently):
- Homecoming Weekend
- Alumni & Parent Board Weekend Meetings
- Special Alumni and Major Donor Event Nights
- Board of Trustees Meetings
- Commencement Weekend
- Highland Festival
- Brenneman Reception Area — first floor w/maximum of 50 people. There is a $50 reservation fee for non-campus community use.
- Individuals/departments making the reservation are responsible for all expenses including any set-up, take down, food, beverage, clean-up, etc.
- Any catering must be ordered through Sodexo.