Guest housing is available on campus both at the Smith Alumni House and in Gelston Hall.
The Smith Alumni House has three guest rooms on the second floor, ranging from $60-85 per night. Use of the first floor kitchen and living area is permitted, although at times this area is rented for events. The first floor is also an office during business hours. The entire Smith Alumni House is air conditioned.
The Gelston Guest Suite has three individual guest rooms on a ground floor where the Tyler-Van Dusen building connects to Gelston Hall. Two of these rooms are $50/night and sleep 2. The third is $60/night and includes a sitting room with two pull out chairs (slightly smaller than a single bed). The Gelston Guest rooms are not air conditioned.
Policies and Procedures
- Please contact the Alumni office at (989) 463-7245 or firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday) to check room availability.
- Reservations must be guaranteed with a budget number or major credit card.
- Check-in is at 4 p.m.; Check-out is at noon
Single Room Rental
- Cancellations are requested a minimum of 48 hour before intended arrival or the credit card on file will be assessed half of the first night’s cost.
Multiple Room Block/Rental
- Rooms must be confirmed at least one week prior to the event. A staff member will call to confirm the number and types of rooms needed and the reservation may be adjusted at this time; upon confirmation, the credit card will be charged for half of the room fee.
- Reservations may be adjusted after the one week mark; however the person reserving will still be responsible for half of the room rate if rooms are canceled and it will be billed to the credit card on file. Failure to confirm or respond does not negate this policy.
- Upon departure, the remaining balance will be charged to the credit card on file unless another card is provided.
- Keys may be picked up at the Smith Alumni House before 5 p.m. Monday – Friday. After hours, keys may be accessed by calling Alma College Security at (989) 463-7777.
- All keys must be returned to the Alumni office or placed in the drop box (back entrance to the alumni house or lobby of the Gelston Guest suite).
- Lost key fee: $25 per key.
- Meals and toiletries are not provided for guests.
- Pets other than service animals are not permitted at any time.
- The Smith Alumni House is an office space; public areas must be clean and reasonably quiet during work hours!
Priorities of Use (on high-demand dates):
- Alumni Board
- Parent Board
- Alumni, Donors, Parents, Faculty & Staff
- Campus Organizations
- Community Events/Organizations
Specific limited dates (currently):
- Homecoming Weekend
- Alumni & Parent Board Weekend Meetings
- Special Alumni and Major Donor Event Nights
- Board of Trustees Meetings
- Commencement Weekend
- Highland Festival
- Brenneman Reception Area—first floor w/maximum of 50 people. There is a $50 reservation fee for non- campus community use. Campus organizations contact the Alumni Office for fee information.
- Individuals/departments making the reservation are responsible for all expenses including any set-up, take down, food, beverage, clean-up, etc.
- Any catering must be ordered through Sodexo.