Christian Education (CEP)
Associate Professor Stratton.
Alma's Christian Education Program is designed to prepare individuals for certification as Associate Christian Educators in the Presbyterian Church in the USA (PCUSA) by providing courses which partially fulfill that certification. To finish the certification process, one must complete additional requirements as identified and assessed by the PCUSA. This program does not lead to an Alma College minor or any program designation. See Dr. Stratton for more information.
- Biblical interpretation: Religious Studies 101 and 102.
- Reformed Theology: Religious Studies 106.
- Religious Educational Theory and Practice: Christian Education 499.
- Church Polity (Government): Christian Education 280 or 499.
- Church Program and Mission Development: Christian Education 280 or 499.
- Practicum in Christian Education: Christian Education 385.
The following courses are offered when there is sufficient demand and when certified Christian Educators are available to supervise students.
|CEP *280.||Christian Education Seminar|
|Examination, evaluation and discussion of issues related to Christian Education and the certification program.|
|CEP *385.||Christian Education Practicum|
|Field work with a professional Christian educator. A portion of the CEP 385 credits must be taken in a local church setting.|
|CEP *499.||Independent Study|
|CEP 385 and Permission|