THE SMITH ALUMNI HOUSE
Policies & Procedures
Katy Shunsky, Alumni Office Associate
Toll Free: 800-291-1312, ext. 2
All activities held in the Smith Alumni House such as meetings, receptions, lodging of guests, etc. will be administered by the Alumni Office.
The scheduling of all lodging and activities must be completed through the Alumni Office during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Priorities for Use
- Alumni Association Board
- Parents & Friends of Alma College
- Faculty & Staff
- Alma Leadership Alliance (ALA)
- Campus Organizations
- Community Events/Organizations
The Alumni Office reserves the right to limit specific dates from usage for lodging and meetings/receptions. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Homecoming Weekend
- Alumni Board Weekend Meetings
- Special Alumni and/or Major Donor Events
- Board of Trustees Meetings
- Commencement Weekend
- ALA Special Events
- Alumni Golf Outing
- Highland Festival
- Initial requests by individuals or department “sponsor” will be accepted by calling the Alumni Office at ext. 7245 at least ONE WEEK prior to the reservation date requested.
- At the time of reservation all guest rooms must be guaranteed by a budget number or major credit card.
- Guest rooms may also be pre-paid by check or money order made out to: Alma College.
- Individuals/departments making the reservation are responsible for all expenses including set-up, take down, food, beverage, clean-up, etc.
- All catering must be ordered through Sodexo Food Service.
- When the guest of a College department is obliged to make payment for lodging but fails to do so, that department will be charged the full amount of the bill.
- Cancellations must be made within 24 hours of arrival or a $25 fee will be assessed.
- Brenneman Reception Area—first floor w/maximum of 50 people
- McDonough Master Suit—second floor w/maximum of 6 people
- Raymond-Carl Conference Suite—second floor w/maximum 10 people
Overnight Guest Rooms
- Leonard Room—$45 plus 6% sales tax
- McDonough Master Suite—$65 plus 6% sales tax
- Raymond-Carl Suite—$55 plus 6% sales tax
- Check-In: After 4 p.m.
- Check-Out: noon
- The sponsoring department and/or individual is responsible for pick up and return of all keys.
- Keys may be picked up at the Smith Alumni House before 5 p.m. Monday–Friday. After hours, keys may be accessed by calling Alma College Safety & Security at (989) 463-7777.
- All keys must be returned to the Alumni Office or placed in the drop box provided at the back entrance to the house.
- Lost key fees: $25 per key.
- Meals are not provided for lodging guests; meal tickets may be purchased for Hamilton Commons or Joe’s Place.
- Limited use of the Alumni House kitchen (stove, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pots, table setting) is permitted.
- Network ports are located on the first floor reception area and in guest rooms.
- A house telephone is available on the first floor living area (campus, local, 800, credit card calls only).
- Pets other than service animals are not permitted at any time.