Annual Distinguished Alumni Awards
Each year at Homecoming, the Alma College Alumni Association recognizes outstanding alumni of the College. The purpose of the awards is to:
- Honor alumni who have made significant contributions to the field and/or Alma College, and
- Enhance the visibility and awareness of alumni of the College
2012 Alma College Alumni Award Recipients
The Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor presented to alumni. The award recognizes alumni who have brought distinction to the College through their professions, have set strong examples for others and have served their communities in one or more of the following ways:
- Personal accomplishments whereby the prestige of the College is enhanced.
- Distinguished service or achievement in any field of human endeavor, including family, community, business and industry, science or the professions.
- Unusual or singular contributions to the development of cultural and spiritual life in society.
The George Hebert Award is presented to alumni for their loyalty and service to Alma College and to the Alumni Association. The award was named in memory of George Hebert, the 1920 alumnus whose love of Alma College and work on behalf of the institution was an inspiration to all alumni.
The Young Alumni Award recognizes recently graduated alumni (between 1 and 10 years) who have given faithful service to Alma College and their communities.
The Smith Distinguished Service Award is named in honor of Art ’38 and Carra Jones ’42 Smith. The recipient is a graduate who believes in Alma College and has assisted with student recruitment; provided career steps through offering internships or employment or visiting the campus to attend events or speak to a class; or served on a College council or board.
We invite you to nominate Alma College Alumni who you feel are deserving of a Distinguished Alumni Award. Nominations are accepted between October 15 and April 15 for these awards. The Alumni Board votes on nominations at its Spring Meeting at the end of April.