Alma College 2012 Alumni Directory Project—Updated
Over the past year, Alma College partnered with a company called Publishing Concepts, Inc. (PCI) to prepare a new alumni directory. The first eight months were spent collecting data, followed by several months spent in proofing and printing the directories. The ship date has been targeted as November 1, 2012.
PCI generally prints very close to the number of directories that were ordered; however, it will print a limited number of extra directories. If you did not order a directory previously but would like either a book or CD directory, please call PCI’s client services line at 1 (800) 982-1590.
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding the directory:
- Why do I need to update my information?
- Alma College is in the process of converting to a new database. This is a great time to ensure that your information is correct and up to date.
- Information changes quickly! Mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, children...information changes so rapidly. This is a great way to help us ensure that your information is 100% up to date.
- “The 2012 Directory: 125th Year Edition” will be a permanent record for Alma College, indicating who attended the College and where alumni are in the world as of 2012.
- Help your friends stay connected.
- What information will I be asked to provide when I call to update my information?
You will be asked for the following information:
- Full name
- Maiden name
- Professional suffix
- Nickname or name you prefer to be called
- Preferred class year
- Home address
- Home phone
- Preferred e-mail address
- Job title
- Business address
- Business e-mail
- Business phone
- List of any other post-graduate degrees you have received (school, degree, and date received)
- Family members (spouse and kids—ages are helpful with kids so we know when we can send them an Alma College brochure!)
- Relationships and years of family members who have also attended Alma College
- Your preferred method(s) of receiving communication from Alma College
- Ways in which you would like to be involved with Alma College
- Stories or vivid memories of Alma College that could be used by our marketing and public relations office
- Whether you would like to purchase the 2012 Alumni Directory
- What are my options for purchasing a 2012 Alma College Alumni Directory from PCI?
If you are interested in buying the 2012 Alumni Directory, you may choose between a print and CD-ROM version.
- Why is Alma College using an outside contractor to complete this project?
With a small Alumni office staff, Alma College needs to use a professional company to ensure that the Directory is complete, accurate and completed in a timely fashion (i.e., before the information compiled is out of date!).
- When will the 2012 Alma College Alumni Directory be complete?
While the project is beginning in November 2011, the Directory will be completed and printed in the fall of 2012. Only the number of directories that have been requested by alumni will be printed to be cost efficient and reduce unneeded printing.
- Is there an environmentally friendly version of the alumni directory?
Yes, Alumni may purchase a CD-ROM of the Alumni Directory.
- Can I choose what information is listed in the directory?
Yes. A standard directory entry will include the following information:
- Full name, including your last name while at Alma College (if different from your current last name)
- Class year
- Home mailing address
- Preferred e-mail address
- Degrees received from Alma College and other institutions
- Job title and company
- Spouse’s/Partner’s name
- Child(ren)’s name(s)
If you wish not to have certain information printed in the directory, you may choose to have specific details omitted. If we are not able to connect with someone, we will print his/her name, class year and last known city/state.
- Why can I only update my information by calling a telephone number and speaking with a telemarketer?
Currently, this is the preferred method for PCI. Alma College is working with PCI to create an on-line version for our alumni. Information will be posted as soon as it is available.
- Who at Alma College should I contact if I have additional questions?
Please contact the Alumni office at 1 (800) 291-1312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who is PCI?
PCI is a company that creates and publishes alumni directories for educational institutions. PCI’s products help colleges and universities update alumni information for the purpose of encouraging alumni engagement.
- What services/products does PCI offer?
PCI offers two types of customized products and expert services. It publishes printed alumni directories, and it offers SPARK™, featuring a combination of best-in-class online community software and online marketing/management services.
- How long has PCI been in business?
PCI traces its roots back over 85 years to the Rockwell F. Clancy Company, the nation’s first publisher of alumni directories. PCI has been incorporated under the PCI (Publishing Concepts) name since 1982 and is a privately held, family-run business.
- On what market(s) is PCI focused?
PCI works with alumni and development offices of universities, colleges, professional schools, independent schools, alumni associations, fraternities and sororities.
- Who are some of PCI’s clients?
PCI partners with 17 of the top 25 universities as rated by U.S. News and World Report, including Princeton, Harvard and Georgetown.
- Where is PCI located?
PCI is located in Dallas.