Thank you for your interest in Alma College! Please use the checklist below to guide you through the transfer process.
Just getting started?
- Contact our transfer coordinator, Nolan Lienhart, at 1-800-321-2562 or email@example.com for more information about Alma College and the transfer process.
- Schedule a campus visit. If you haven’t toured our beautiful campus, be sure to call the Admissions Office to make an appointment or schedule a visit online.
- Apply online.
- Arrange to have your official college transcript(s) sent to Alma College.
Admitted to Alma? Congratulations!
- Apply for additional scholarships. See scholarships specifically for transfer students as well as other scholarships available at Alma. Pay close attention to deadlines!
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The earliest you can file the FAFSA is October 1st. Students entering in Winter Term should file the FAFSA as soon as possible. If you have already filed the FAFSA, please sign back in to your account and add Alma College to your list of schools to receive your FAFSA. Alma College’s federal school code is 002236. Keep in mind that the State of Michigan’s deadline is March 1st.
- Sign in to your Inside Alma portal for the most up-to-date information. All students are given access to the Inside Alma portal upon acceptance. Watch the mail for your personalized log in information. Your portal will be your inside track to everything Alma including housing, parking, and important announcements.
- Watch for your transcript evaluation. It will arrive via email approximately 2 weeks after your acceptance to Alma.
Ready to be a Scot?
- Make your $250 commitment deposit.
- Come to campus and meet with your academic advisor, who will be assigned once you submit your commitment deposit. The Admissions Office will arrange your appointment.