Alma College is a selective institution and requires excellence from its applicants.
International applicants must submit the following information to be considered for admission:
- A completed application for admission. This includes a 250-500 word essay about how Alma College will help you achieve your personal and academic goals.
- Counselor recommendation form.
- Official secondary school (high school) transcripts. Transcripts typically include grades nine through twelve or thirteen. Transcripts must be translated into English along with a copy of the official transcript in the applicant’s native language. The transcripts must list the courses taken and the grade awarded.
- If applicable, official copies of English Proficiency Score Reports. Alma College accepts TOEFL (a score of 79 or higher), IELTS (6.5 or higher), or ELS 112 Certificate.
- If applicable, your official SAT or ACT profile. Alma College will accept either the SAT or ACT in place of the TOEFL. It may take up to 6 weeks for Alma College to receive your SAT or ACT score. We recommend taking the SAT or ACT in October or November of your final year of secondary school (high school). Alma College requires a minimum SAT composite score of 1530 or a minimum ACT composite score of 22. Students with scores below these numbers may also apply and be considered for admission. If your first language is English, you should take the SAT or ACT examination.
- International Student Declaration of Financial Support. In compliance with U.S. immigration regulations, Alma College cannot issue you an I-20 or DS-2019 form until this document is on file, assuring your financial ability to pay for an Alma College education for all four years. While Alma does offer scholarships and need-based assistance for international students, no full scholarships are awarded.
Some applicants who do not meet all of Alma’s regular admission criteria may be accepted based on other demonstrations of academic promise through counselor/teacher recommendations, extracurricular activities and/or a personal interview.