Alma College is a selective, private liberal arts college that welcomes motivated, talented students from around the globe.
For a detailed discussion about the merits of attending Alma College, contact Carol Mandzik, Director of International Recruitment at email@example.com or by Skype: AlmaScots.
We accept applications on a rolling basis but applicants are encouraged to apply early. We accept students for the Fall (early September) or Winter (early January) terms. International Orientation starts on Saturday, just prior to the fall and winter class start dates, respectively.
- A completed Alma College Application - there is no application fee
- Or, you may apply via the Common Application
Application must include the following:
- A thoughtful statement of purpose, 250-500 typed words maximum. The essay should be cohesive, free of grammatical errors, and provide insights into your goals and objectives for obtaining a U.S. education at Alma College.
Freshmen students, use this recommendation form, or, a recommendation letterfrom a professional. One quality recommendation from a school counselor, HS teacher, professor, or academic advisor (no agency representative allowed).
- Official secondary (high school) transcripts, in English, provided to Alma College directory from your school in a sealed envelope or uploaded onto the International Student Application for students with less than 25 credit hours earned from prior college/university coursework in the U.S. or overseas.
- Transfer students, no recommendation letter is required.
- Official transcripts, in English, from each college/university attended overseas or in the U.S. Transcripts must be issued directly from institution(s) attended to Alma College.
- Proof of High School completion (copy of diploma). For students with 25 credit hours or more earned from a previous college/university, high school transcripts are not required.
- English Language Proficiency Official Score: For consideration of admission, Alma College accepts a TOEFL iBT score of 79 (195 CBT) minimum, IELTS 6.5 minimum, or ELS Language Center 112. Sub-scores of TOEFL, IELTS will be evaluated closely.
- TOEFL School Code: 1010
- SAT School Code: 1010
- ACT School Code: 1958
- The TOEFL, IELTS, ELS scores are waived if the student has a C minimum in English Composition from an accredited U.S. community college or U.S. college/university. Students must provide the course syllabus for proper review and qualification for the TOEFL/IELTS/ELS waiver.
- Alma College will accept either the SAT or ACT in lieu of English Language Proficiency Scores. For consideration of admission, a minimum SAT (Math & Critical Reading) of 1030 or ACT composite score of 22 is strongly recommended.
International Student Financial Statement. In compliance with U.S. immigration regulations, all international students on F1 or J1 visa are required to provide evidence of sufficient finances to support their U.S. education. Sources of funding may be from parents, guardians, external, or U.S. sponsor.
- Valid Passport copy (photo page only). For Transfer Students in the U.S. a copy of your current, valid F1 Visa (photo page only).
- I-20 Transfer Form - Please download, complete, and have your current U.S. institution’s international department complete the bottom half of the form.
Applicants who do not meet Alma College’s full admission may be eligible for conditional admission by demonstrating other strong or unique qualifications. Candidates for admission in this category are reviewed by a committee.