Alma College is a selective, liberal arts college that welcomes motivated, talented students from around the globe.
For a detailed discussion about the merits of attending Alma College, please contact Carol Mandzik, Director of International Recruitment at email@example.com or by Skype: AlmaScots.
We accept applications on a rolling basis but applicants are encouraged to apply early. We accept students for the Fall (early September) or Winter (early January) terms. Orientation starts the week prior to the fall and winter terms, respectively.
- A completed Alma College Application - there is no application fee
- Or, you may apply via the Common Application
- Application must include the following:
- A thoughtful statement of purpose, 250-500 typed words maximum. The essay should be cohesive, free of grammatical errors, and provide insights into your goals and objectives for obtaining a U.S. education at Alma College.
Freshmen students, use this recommendation form. One quality recommendation from a school counselor, HS teacher, professor, or academic advisor (no agency representative allowed).
- Official secondary (high school) transcripts, in English, provided directly to Alma College from the school in a sealed envelope (may be included with application) for students with less than 25 credit hours earned from prior college/university coursework in the U.S. or overseas.
- Transfer students, use this recommendation form. One quality recommendation from a school counselor, professor, or academic advisor (no agency representative allowed).
- Official transcripts, in English, from each college/university attended overseas or in the U.S. Transcripts must be issued directly from institution attended to Alma College.
- Proof of High School completion (copy of diploma). For students with 25 credit hours or more earned from a previous college/university, high school transcripts are not required.
- English Language Proficiency Official Score: For consideration of admission, Alma College accepts a TOEFL iBT score of 79 or 195 CBT minimum, IELTS 6.5 minimum, or ELS Language Center 112.
- TOEFL School Code: 1010
- SAT School Code: 1010
- ACT School Code: 1958
Alma College will accept either the SAT or ACT in lieu of English Language Proficiency Scores. For consideration of admission, a minimum SAT composite score of 1530 or ACT composite score of 22 is required.
International Student Declaration of Financial Support. In compliance with U.S. immigration regulations, all international students on F1 or J1 visa are required to provide evidence of sufficient finances to support their U.S. education. Sources of funding may be from parents, guardians, external, or U.S. sponsor.
Applicants who do not meet Alma College’s full admission may be eligible for conditional admission by demonstrating other strong or unique qualifications. Candidates for admission in this category are reviewed by a committee.