The Perkins Loan is a subsidized federal loan. Eligibility is based on financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Federal Perkins loan program is set to end after the 2015 - 2016 school year. The Department of Education has placed a deadline for the 2015 - 2016 school year in preparation to end the program. Any loans that are not disbursed by October 1st will no longer be valid and we must cancel them. To ensure you receive the loan all the steps below must be complete by Friday, September 25th.
If you are eligible to take out a Perkins Loan, it will be included on your financial aid package.
- If you were awarded the Federal Perkins Loan, it is required that you complete the loan confirmation/disclosure statement. This can be completed on SignMyLoan.com once you receive an e-mail on your student account from University Accounting Services (UAS). Students can expect to receive this email after the 2nd week in July.
IMPORTANT: The web browsers Google Chrome and Safari do not work for this process.
- Sign-in using the same Federal Student Aid ID that you used to complete the FAFSA. You may also receive an e-mail from University Accounting Services (UAS) requesting the completion of the documents listed below.
First time borrowers
- Additionally you will need to complete the Promissory Note through SignMyLoan.com.
- The required confirmation/disclosure statement and master promissory note must be completed for funds to be released.
- Once you have completed the loan confirmation/disclosure statement and master promissory note, our office will set your loan to an accepted status so that it appears correctly on the student billing statement.