The Perkins Loan is a need based, subsidized federal loan. Eligibility is based on financial need as determined by the FAFSA. If you are eligible for a Perkins Loan, it will be included on your financial aid award letter. Learn More >>
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Federal Perkins loan program is set to end after the 2016 - 2017 school year. Students who have received this funding in the past will need to find alternate sources of funding on their own as this will no longer be available.
If you are awarded the Perkins Loan: You are REQUIRED to complete a two part process.
Loan Confirmation/Disclosure Statement:
- University Accounting Services (UAS), the loan servicer, will email a link to complete this process after 2nd week in July.
- Complete at signmyloan.com using your username/password or by creating new account with SSN, date of birth, drivers license #, and other information.
First Time Perkins Loan Borrower?
- Additionally, you will need to complete the Promissory Note through signmyloan.com.
IMPORTANT: The web browsers Google Chrome and Safari do not work for this process.
- The required confirmation/disclosure statement and master promissory note must be completed for funds to be released.
- Once you have completed the loan confirmation/disclosure statement and master promissory note, our office will set your loan to an accepted status so that it appears correctly on the student billing statement.
The grace period for Perkins loans is 9 months and the first payment will be due at the end of the grace period. If you have questions about repaying your Perkins loan(s) or are having trouble making payments, you should contact University Accounting Services (UAS) at 1-800-999-6227.