The Perkins Loan is a subsidized federal loan. Eligibility is based on financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
If you are eligible to take out a Perkins Loan, it will be included on your financial aid package.
- If you were awarded the Federal Perkins Loan, it is required that you complete the loan confirmation/disclosure statement. This can be completed on SignMyLoan.com once you receive an e-mail on your student account from University Accounting Services (UAS). Students can expect to receive this email after the 2nd week in July.
IMPORTANT: The web browser Google Chrome does not work for this process.
- Sign-in using the same Federal Student Aid ID that you used to complete the FAFSA. You may also receive an e-mail from University Accounting Services (UAS) requesting the completion of the documents listed below.
First time borrowers
- Additionally you will need to complete the Promissory Note through SignMyLoan.com.
- The required confirmation/disclosure statement and master promissory note must be completed for funds to be released.
- Once you have completed the loan confirmation/disclosure statement and master promissory note, our office will set your loan to an accepted status so that it appears correctly on the student billing statement.