The Venture Program application is now open for experiences that will take place in 2017. Start your application now!
You are eligible to apply for Venture at this time if you:
- Will have completed at least two full semesters (not counting Spring Term) at Alma College, and at least 56 credits, by the time the experience is scheduled to begin
- Have declared a major
- Are in good academic standing (GPA > 2.0)
- Are in good financial standing (< $1,000 outstanding on student account)
- Attended the Sophomore All Class Conference
- Will be returning to Alma College the semester following your experience (unless you graduate or receive a waiver from the Venture Committee)
- Have secured an opportunity that you believe will be eligible for the Venture program (e.g. if you plan to apply for support for on internship, you must be accepted to an internship program before you submit your Venture application. If you plan to apply for Off-Campus Study, you must be accepted into your host program before you apply for Venture. Etc.)
Venture applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the Fall and Winter semesters and Spring Term. The Venture Committee meets to review applications approximately every two weeks. To apply for a summer experience after the end of spring term, please contact Carla Jensen at email@example.com.
Creating a Venture Budget
Before you apply, review this information on Venture-eligible expenses that can be covered by a Venture award.
The Venture Program application is now open for experiences that will take place in 2016. Start your application now!
Information for Venture Recipients
Once your application has been approved, be sure to review these instructions for post-return Venture requirements.
For questions or assistance with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the Center for Student Opportunity to make an appointment with the Venture Student Assistant.