Browse Majors & Minors
An internship in Chicago that connects you to your dream job. A semester in Europe that opens the world to you. A service project that changes lives in the local community. Wherever you want to go, whatever you want to do, your starting place is here: the Alma College Center for Student Opportunity.
The CSO provides both support services and access to practical experiences that enhance your education. We’ll show you how to succeed in the classroom, but also assist you as you plan your personal Venture – an individual experience that could take you across the globe. We’ll teach you important financial skills that position you for personal success, while also giving you the chance to serve others. We’ll help you plan for life after Alma, but also aid you in becoming a responsible leader. Put simply: the CSO is where it all comes together for you.
We’ve got the practical tools you’ll need to turn your dreams into reality:
- Academic Support Services
- Career Development
- Disability Support Services
- Diversity and Inclusion Office
- Financial Counseling
- First Generation Student Support
- Off-campus Study
And we’ve got the opportunities you want (plus connections all across campus):
- Integrated Health Studies Institute
- Responsible Leadership Institute
- Service Learning
- Venture Program
The CSO and the Alma Commitment
The CSO also coordinates all aspects of the Alma Commitment. We work closely with academic advisors to help you stay on track for four-year graduation; provide year-by-year guidance, which includes the First Year Guide program and the annual All-Class Conferences; help you plan your Venture and apply for up to $2,500 to support your experience; and prepare you for graduation with comprehensive career development. For more information, visit the CSO in person or call 989-463-7247.
Upcoming CSO Events
- Jan 27 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. Alumni Speed Interviews
- Feb 1 4 p.m. - 9 p.m. Etiquette Dinner
- Feb 8 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. Internship & Summer Job Fair
- Feb 20 8 a.m. - 9 a.m. Chicago In-City Planning Meeting
- Mar 8 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. Orientation for Students Going Abroad Spring, Summer & Fall