Types of Transcripts
Official: These transcripts are sent directly to a third party (such as an institution or prospective employer) from Alma College.
Issued through Student: These transcripts (with the Registrar’s Office seal) are sent to the student in a sealed envelope. Breaking the envelope’s seal will invalidate the official transcript. This type of transcript may not be considered official by all receiving parties.
Unofficial: These transcripts are issued with a “copy only” stamp on them. They are not assured by Alma College as being an official, unaltered version of the transcript. E-mail and fax copies of transcripts are considered unofficial.
Ordering Transcripts (please allow 3 working days to process a request)
YOUR HAND-WRITTEN SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED TO RELEASE A TRANSCRIPT
You may request a transcript via any of the following methods:
- Download the Transcript Request Form and send it to the Registrar’s Office requesting the transcript. The address is:
614 W. Superior Street
Alma, MI 48801
- FAX the Transcript Request Form to the Registrar’s Office (989-463-7993); or
- Fill out a form in the Registrar’s Office; or
- E-mail a Transcript Request Form with “transcript request” in the subject line to email@example.com. (You must scan and attach your hand-written signature.)
Whichever method you choose, you need to complete all blanks on the form, including:
- Approximate dates of attendance;
- Social Security number or date of birth;
- Former (or maiden) name;
- Your current address and phone number (if it is a new address, please ask that we update your records);
- Address (including name and/or department) to which transcript is to be sent;
- Your signature;
- What type of transcript you need (official, student copy or unofficial).
The cost is $2 per transcript sent. You will receive a confirmation notice with a billing statement when the transcript is sent.
If you have questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office during working hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Friday at 989-463-7348.