Browse Majors & Minors
Nursing isn’t just a major, it’s a calling.
Alma’s BSN program gives students hands-on experiences within the simulation center, and directly with patients on a clinical floor. The Nursing education prepares students to provide highest quality of patient centered care.
Nurses understand, plan, refer, assess, bandage, teach, laugh, counsel, heal, monitor, care, respond, and support without any prescription.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Alma College approaches nursing education a bit differently from other schools. Our four-year program encourages nursing students to take classes in other academic programs that complement and expand their nursing-specific courses, incorporating critical thinking, ethics, research, communication, leadership and creativity.
What can you expect?
- A great education in a supportive, student-centered learning community
- Excellent faculty with a passion for respectful, compassionate patient care
- Early clinical experiences that prepare you to deliver high-quality treatment and adapt quickly to changing patient needs
A Well-Rounded Education
In addition to excellent clinical experience, Alma students learn the connections between the natural sciences—such as biology and chemistry—and other academic disciplines including history, political science, sociology, health care administration, communication and the arts. Those concepts are integrated with your nursing training to give you a well-rounded education.
The Alma experience is designed to help you meet students from across the campus and participate in other activities you enjoy such as athletics, performing arts or student organizations.
Let’s get started!
We want to get to know you, and it all starts with this application! The Alma College Nursing Program has the following deadlines for the Fall 2015 entering class:
- Early Decision: November 2, 2015 (you will be notified of a decision by December 14, 2015)
- Regular Decision: January 2, 2015 (you will be notified of a decision by February 14, 2016)
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis after the initial deadlines until the program is full.
Students must first apply and be accepted to Alma College before being considered for admission into the Nursing Program.