Alma College faculty, staff and students have access to the Library Study Rooms for informal group and individual use.
- Three study rooms are located in the Colina Wing of the library on the Main Floor. These rooms are generally not reservable, but can be used on a first-come, first-served basis. Each of these rooms has a white board, a table, and seating for 4 people.
- Four small study rooms are located in the Lower Level of the library (adjacent to the hallway that we share with ACP and IT). These rooms are not reservable, except by ACP staff, and can be used by others on a first-come, first-served basis. Each of these small rooms has a white board, a table and seating for 4 people.
- Two larger study rooms are located in the Lower Level of the library, along the North wall. These rooms each have blackboards, a table, and seating for 6 people. The MacCurdy Room is next to the two larger study rooms. It has two tables and seating for approximately 10 people, in addition to an armchair and a loveseat. This room also has an extra-large monitor mounted to the wall, for presentation practice and video viewing. The study rooms along the North wall are reservable - see further policy below.
- One study room is located on the Upper Level of the library, in the Colina Wing. This room is not reservable, but can be used on a first-come, first-served basis. This room has a chalk board and seating for 5 people.
POLICIES FOR RESERVABLE AREAS
In order to ensure that the Study Rooms are available when needed for groups:
- Use of the rooms is at the discretion of the Library Director, with priority given to Alma College students.
- Individuals or groups may use these rooms, but only groups may reserve them.
- Library staff members handle scheduling the rooms.
- The Study Rooms on the North wall of the Lower Level may be reserved up to two weeks in advance and must be reserved by 5:00 p.m. for evening use. Please call x7229 or stop in the Library to make a reservation. The clipboard on which to reserve these rooms is located at the Circulation Desk.
- If not reserved, the rooms may be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Sign-up is generally limited to one 2-hour block per group per day, unless approval is given by the Library Director.
- The Study Rooms are not for use as classrooms for regularly scheduled courses for an entire term.
Revised March 2011