- Blackwell dictionary of sociology - Ref HM425 .J64 2000
- Critical dictionary of sociology - Ref HM17 .B6813 1989
- A dictionary of sociology - Ref HM425 .D5735 2005
- Encyclopedia of sociology - Ref HM425 .E5 2000 (5 volumes)
- Gale encyclopedia of multicultural America - Ref E184 .A1 G14 1995 (2 volumes)
- International encyclopedia of the social and behavioral sciences - Ref H 41 .I58 2001 (10 volumes)
- Sociology basics - Ref HM425 .S63 2000 (2 volumes)
- The state of the world atlas - Ref G1021 .K46 1999
- Statistical record of Black America - Ref E185.5 .S7 1990
- Statistical record of children - Ref HQ792 .U6 S73 1994
- Statistical record of older Americans - Ref HQ1064 .U5 S697 1994
- Statistical record of women worldwide - Ref HQ1150 .S73 1991
Expanded Academic ASAP
Indexes approximately 1,500 journals and magazines and the New York Times. Full text online is provided for approximately 700 of the journals/magazines.
Searchable full text of scholarly journals from a variety of disciplines including history, economics, ecology, math, sociology, and more.
ProQuest Social Sciences Module
ProQuest allows the user to search a selection of social sciences journals, many of which are available in full text.
Social Sciences Abstracts
Indexes journal articles in anthropology, political science, economics, psychology, geography, sociology, law. 1974 - present.
CSA Sociological Abstracts abstracts and indexes the international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences. The database provides abstracts of journal articles and citations to book reviews drawn from over 1,809 serials publications, and also provides abstracts of books, book chapters, dissertations, and conference papers. Many records from key journals in sociology, published since 2001, also include the references cited in the bibliography of the source article. Each individual reference may also have links to an abstract and/or to other papers that cite that reference; these links increase the possibility of finding more potentially relevant articles.
American FactFinder provides access to statistics and data based on the decennial U.S. Census as well as other surveys and censuses, such as the Economic Census, Census of Governments, and the Annual Survey of Manufacturers.
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
"The Center is one of the nation's premier policy organizations working at the federal and state levels on fiscal policy and public programs that affect low- and moderate-income families and individuals." The web-site features their reports and projects about issues such as the Earned Income Credit, federal welfare, food assistance, health policies, and immigrant benefits.
CIA World Factbook
The World Factbook is prepared by the Central Intelligence Agency for the use of US Government officials. It provides concise, current, information, factual data and statistics about countries woldwide.
Electronic Journal of Sociology
Resources listed here are full text, freely available, peer reviewed (in most cases) scholarly journals. This free database service , which began in 1994, is intended to "demonstrate that high quality, low cost, and non commercial alternatives to the commercial system are possible."
Institute for Public Policy and Social Research
The Institute, based at Michigan State University, "applies research to pressing public policy issues and builds problem-solving relationships between the academic and policymaker communities. To this end the Institute promotes and conducts research on issues of public policy, provides survey research services, and produces public policy education and training programs."