- Anchor Bible dictionary - Ref BS 440 .A54 1992 (6 volumes)
- The Blackwell dictionary of Judaica - Ref BM 50 .C615 1992
- A concise encyclopedia of the Bahai Faith - Ref BP 327 .C66 2000
- Contemporary American religion - Ref BL 2525 .C65 2000 (2 volumes)
- The Continuum dictionary of religion - Ref BL 31 .C67 1994
- The dictionary of classical mythology - Ref BL 715 .G713 1986
- Dictionary of religion and philosophy - Ref BL 31 .M23 1989
- Encyclopedia of Buddhism - Ref BQ 128 .E62 2004 (2 volumes)
- Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim world - Ref BP 40 .E535 2004 (2 volumes)
- The Encyclopedia of religion - Ref BL 31 .E46 1987 (16 volumes)
- Encyclopedia of religion and society - Ref BL 60 .E53 1998
- Encyclopedia of world faiths: an illustrated survey of the world's living religions - Ref BL 80.2 .E495 1988
- Encyclopedic dictionary of religion - Ref BR 95 .E494 (3 volumes)
- The HarperCollins concise guide to world religions - Ref BL 80.2 .E415 2000
- Illustrated dictionary & concordance of the Bible- Ref BS 440 .I36 1986
- The new encyclopedia of Islam - Ref BP 40 .G42 2001
- The Oxford dictionary of the Jewish religion - Ref BM 50 .O94 1997
- The Oxford dictionary of world religions - Ref BL 31 .O84 1997
Article First indexes approximately 16,000 journals and magazines, across all subject areas.
Includes a full range of index citations to journal articles, essays in multi-author works, and book reviews from three ATLA print indexes: Religion Index One (RIO), Religion Index Two (RIT), and Index to Book Reviews in Religion (IBRR).
Expanded Academic ASAP
Indexes approximately 3,500 periodicals, 2100 of which are peer reviewed scholarly journals.
Indexes 400 periodicals in performing arts, art, classics, film, folklore, journalism, music, and religion. Coverage begins in 1984.
An index with full text of all articles from 200 journals. Project MUSE covers the fields of literature and criticism, history, cultural studies, religion, and many others. The index covers many older publications not included in other electronic databases.
"Developed by Ahlul Bayt Digital Islamic Library Project, has Shi'ite perspective with many pictures and a multilingual Qur'an. A good section now on general Muslim and Shia Muslim responses to September 11."
American Religion Data Archive
Stores and distributes data sets from the leading studies on American religion.
Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Hosted by Calvin College. "There is no better place to look first, when in need of an online text from the Christian tradition. With the aim of collection a 'theological library containing 1,000 of the most important public-domain works for theological study' this is more like a 'real library' than most sites."
This site is "an online encyclopedia of Judaism, covering Jewish beliefs, people, places, things, language, scripture, holidays, practices and customs." Articles are categorized into basic, intermediate, and advanced content.
Resources for the Study of Buddhism
Contains a short introductory reading list, links to general sites, Sutras, and texts, and links and writings related to Buddhism and children, Theravada and Mahayana teachings, science, death and dying.
Review of Biblical Literature
Comprehensive review of books in the field of biblical and related studies. Reviews cover reference works, commentaries, dictionaries and biblical translations.
This site from BBC provides a good overview of Hindu customs and beliefs.
Virtual Religion Index
From Rutgers University. "...a tool for students with little time. It analyzes and highlights important content of religion-related websites to speed research." Includes information on American religions, Biblical studies, Buddhist tradition, Christian tradition, comparative religion, East Asia, Hindu sites, Judaic studies, Islamic tradition, etc.