- The ABC-CLIO companion to the media in America - Ref P 92 .U5 H58 1995
- Dictionary Of Media And Communication Studies - Ref P 87.5 .W38 2000
- Dictionary of quotations in communications - Ref P 90 .D488 1997
- Encyclopedia of communication and information - Ref P 87.5 .E53 2002 (3 volumes)
- Encyclopedia of new media : an essential reference to communication and technology - Ref QA 76.575 .E5368 2003
- Language and communication : a cross-cultural encyclopedia - Ref P 29 .F47 1998
- Webster's New World dictionary of media and communications - Ref P 87.5 .W45 1996
Social Science Abstracts
Includes references to periodical articles from over 550 periodicals. Coverage begins in 1983. Access through FirstSearch on the Finding Articles section of the Alma College Library home page.
Searchable full text of scholarly journals from a variety of disciplines including history, economics, ecology, math, political science, sociology, and more.
Powerful resource for full text news and information in law, business, political science, and other topic areas.
American Communication Association
A great source for on-line information and research in communication. Links to many other excellent sites.
Center for Social Media
This organization "showcases and analyzes media as creative tools for public knowledge and action. They organize film festivals, panels, and public events; conduct research; and publish reports and articles geared towards independent filmmakers, activists, researchers, and media specialists." The Center is part of the School of Communication at American University.
FAIR: fairness & accuracy in reporting
Provides information and criticism of media performance. Archival holdings go back to 1986.
FCC--The Federal Communications Commission
Links to all of the FCC's business and the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
Political Communication Resources
Faculty at University of Washington's Political Science dept. created this site, which covers research centers, news media resources, civic participation, Internet and society, gov. information sites, survey and statistical data, and scholarly associations.