- Basic tables in chemistry - Ref QD 65 .K34
- Chemical composition of everyday products - Ref QD 75.22 .T64 2005
- The chemist's companion: a handbook of practical data, techniques, and references - Ref QD 65 .G64
- The chemist's ready reference handbook - Ref QD 65 .S537 1990
- CRC handbook of chemistry and physics: a ready-reference book of chemical and physical data - Ref QD 65 .H3 2003-2004
- Hawley's condensed chemical dictionary - Ref QD 5 .C5 1987
- Lange's handbook of chemistry - Ref QD 65 .L36 2005
- The Merck index - Ref RM 51 .M4 2006
- SciFinder Scholar
- SciFinder Scholar is today's leader in providing the most accurate and comprehensive chemical and related scientific information. This desktop research tool for students and faculty provides easy access to the rich and diverse scientific information offered by the CAS databases, including patent and journal references, substance information, regulated chemicals and chemical reactions.
- At Alma College, access to SciFinder Scholar is limited to offices in the Chemistry Department and to the four sitdown computers in the Library public searching area. Please ask at the Reference Desk in the Library for further information.
American Chemical Society Publications
Full text access to the periodical publications of the American Chemical Society.
General Science Abstracts
Indexes 150 general science journals and magazines from the US and Great Britain. Coverage is from 1984 to the present.
ProQuest Science and Technology Module
Search this index of hundreds of science journals, including many full-text resources.
This site provides full-text access to 174 journals, and indexes many more. Science Direct covers Agricultural and Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Genetics, and Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, and more. (To get full-text articles when searching in this database, you must choose Source: Subscribed Journals. Please see a librarian for clarification.)
Access to Chemical Abstracts index. As academic users, Alma College students, faculty and staff are limited to evening and weekend availability. Please see a librarian for a handout with login IDs, passwords and hours of availability
BioTech: Life Sciences Resources and Reference Tools
"A hybrid biology/chemistry educational resource and research tool, intended to be a learning tool that will attract students and enrich the public's knowledge of biology issues in the world today. At the same time, a research tool for those already involved in the broad subject of biology." Includes an illustrated dictionary, a chemical acronyms database, an interactive textbook supplement about human biochemistry, annotated lists of biomedical Web sites for scientists, educators and students alike, and professional resources.
Helps you find and learn how to use chemistry information resources on the Internet and elsewhere.
NIST Virtual Chemistry Library
The National Institute of Standards and Technology virtual library contains links to chemistry databases, books,associations/institutions/societies, material safety data sheets, periodic and nuclide tables, and other web resources.
The U.S. Federal Government is the world's largest producer of information. This site makes government-produced science information easier to find through organized topic hierarchies.
Periodical table with links to physical, nuclear, electronic, biological, geological, crystallographic, reduction potential, etc for each element.