- Basic tables in chemistry - Ref QD 65 .K34
- Concise dictionary of biomedicine and molecular biology - Ref R 121 .J86 2002
- The Facts on File dictionary of biology - Ref QH 302.5 .F38 1999
- Glossary of biochemistry and molecular biology - Ref QP 512 .G55 1997
- MCAT comprehensive review - Ref R 838.5 .M323 2005
- The Merck index - Ref RS 51 .M4 2001
- Oxford Dictionary of biochemistry and molecular biology - Ref QP 512 .O94 2000
- The Oxford illustrated companion to medicine - Ref R 121 .O884 2001
- PDR medical dictionary - Ref R 121 .P275 2000
- SciFinder Scholar
- SciFinder Scholar is today's leader in providing the most accurate and comprehensive chemical and related scientific information. This desktop research tool for students and faculty provides easy access to the rich and diverse scientific information offered by the CAS databases, including patent and journal references, substance information, regulated chemicals and chemical reactions.
- At Alma College, access to SciFinder Scholar is limited to offices in the Chemistry Department and to the four sitdown computers in the Library public searching area. Please ask at the Reference Desk in the Library for further information.
American Physiological Society Publications
Full text access to the periodical publications of the American Physiological Society.
General Science Abstracts
Indexes 150 science journals and magazines from the US and Great Britain. Coverage is from 1984 to the present. Updated monthly. Access through EBSCO on the Finding Articles section of the Alma College Library home page.
Health Reference Center Academic
Use this database to find articles on: Fitness, Pregnancy, Medicine, Nutrition, Diseases, Public Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Alcohol and Drug abuse, HMOs, Prescription Drugs, etc.
Covers all areas of medicine, including dentistry and nursing. Access through FirstSearch on the Finding Articles section of the Alma College Library home page.
ProQuest Science & Technology Module
Indexes hundreds of science journals, including many full-text resources.
This site provides full-text access to 174 journals, and indexes many more. Science Direct covers Agricultural and Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Genetics, and Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, and more. (To get full-text articles when searching in this database, you must choose Source: Subscribed Journals. Please see a librarian for clarification.)
BioTech: Life Sciences Resources and Reference Tools
Includes an illustrated dictionary, a chemical acronyms database, an interactive textbook supplement about human biochemistry, annotated lists of biomedical Web sites for scientists, educators and students alike, and professional resources.
Website with links to medical and bioscience journals, associations and databases.
"A free database of chemical structures of small organic molecules and information on their biological activities" from the National Library of Medicine.
The U.S. Federal Government is the world's largest producer of information. This site makes government-produced science information easier to find through organized topic hierarchies.
Scirus is the "most comprehensive science-specific search engine on the Internet." It searches over 150 million science-specific Web pages, providing access to journal articles as well as web-sites.