Leadership isn’t just about taking the lead on campus.
The values of the Center of Responsible Leadership—integrity, generosity, responsibility—can be applied anywhere—and they are.
While it’s important for you to learn at Alma College, it’s even more important for you to do.
Students have a variety of opportunities to work both within and outside the community, building upon their skills and knowledge. Through this direct involvement with communities and issues, your leadership skills are shaped, and you are changed. Are you ready to be a leader?
2012-2013 Alternative Break Service Opportunities
October 18–19, 2012: One- to three-day service trips in Michigan. Get details on our Alternative Breaks page.
- Hunger/Homelessness (faith based), Fort Street Presbyterian Church in Detroit
- Interfaith Dialogue and Service in Grand Rapids
- College Positive Volunteer Activities in Gratiot County High Schools
December 15–22, 2012
Applications available October 8, due October 22
- Affordable Housing: Habitat for Humanity, Palm Beach County, Fla.
- Disaster Relief, National Relief Network, Plaquemines Parish, La.
- Hunger Homelessness: Center for the Homeless, South Bend, Ind.
- Urban Poverty: Wayside Christian Mission, St. Joseph Children’s Home, Habitat ReStore, Louisville, Ky.
February 23–March 2, 2013
Applications now available, due January 11
- Affordable Housing: Habitat for Humanity, location TBD
- Disaster Relief: Presbyterian Diasaster Assistance, Henryville, Ind.
- Immigration and Border Issues: location TBD
- Multicultural Arts and Urban Youth: Milwaukee, Wisc.
- Rural Povery: Once Upon a Time, Maryville, Tenn.