Browse Majors & Minors
With the rapid changes in health care delivery these days, you have plenty of opportunities to serve in the health care field without putting on a lab coat or scrubs.
The Health Care Administration major is a great choice for those interested in management of non-profit or for-profit medical facilities or in joining the national debate about healthcare policy.
Projected job growth
Health care administration is a growing field that improves the structure, maintenance and supervision of hospitals and other health care facilities. Strong business leaders are needed to oversee and organize the finances, patient information and staff within these facilities. This is one reason that the U.S. Department of Labor foresees an increase of 68,000 jobs in this profession by 2020.
Courses such as Health Care Finance, Human Resource Management, Health Law and Strategic Planning in Health Care allow students to build upon a basic business administration foundation and focus preparation on this dynamic field.
September 5, 2014
- Sep 5 Friday, 8 a.m. - Friday, 5 p.m. Last day to add a 1st 7-week class
September 12, 2014
- Sep 12 Friday, 8 a.m. - Friday, 5 p.m. Last day to add a 14-week class
September 26, 2014
- Sep 26 Friday, 8 a.m. - Friday, 5 p.m. Last day to drop a 1st 7-week class
October 10, 2014
- Oct 10 Friday, 8 a.m. - Friday, 9 p.m. Homecoming
October 11, 2014
- Oct 11 All Day Homecoming