Browse Majors & Minors
One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute.
For most people, finance is a mystery. But it’s one that affects our lives every day and there are great opportunities for those who can solve the puzzle.
Would you like to manage other people’s money?
Economic globalization has created a huge demand for savvy finance majors who understand financial instruments, stocks, bonds and markets.
Finance majors learn about the accumulation, allocation, management and protection of financial resources. Courses in this program focus on the markets, balance sheet structure, liquidity, solvency, debt financing and capital structure.
Class projects allow you to dig into the challenges and opportunities faced by today’s major corporations and see how they’ve achieved success—or where they took a wrong turn. Students who enjoy mathematics and statistics may also enjoy finance classes.
April 24, 2015
- Apr 24 Friday, 9 a.m. - Friday, 9 a.m. Final grades available in Portal
April 25, 2015
- Apr 25 Saturday, 12 p.m. - Saturday, 12 p.m. Residence halls open
April 26, 2015
- Apr 26 Sunday, 1 p.m. - Sunday, 1 p.m. Spring term classes begin
May 15, 2015
- May 15 Friday, 8 a.m. - Friday, 5 p.m. Last day to drop a Spring Term class
May 21, 2015
- May 21 Thursday, 5 p.m. - Thursday, 5 p.m. Residence halls close