Browse Majors & Minors
One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute.
For most people, finance is a mystery. But it’s one that affects our lives every day and there are great opportunities for those who can solve the puzzle.
Would you like to manage other people’s money?
Economic globalization has created a huge demand for savvy finance majors who understand financial instruments, stocks, bonds and markets.
Finance majors learn about the accumulation, allocation, management and protection of financial resources. Courses in this program focus on the markets, balance sheet structure, liquidity, solvency, debt financing and capital structure.
Class projects allow you to dig into the challenges and opportunities faced by today’s major corporations and see how they’ve achieved success—or where they took a wrong turn. Students who enjoy mathematics and statistics may also enjoy finance classes.
March 1, 2015
- Mar 1 Sunday, 7 p.m. - Sunday, 9 p.m. Exam period for 1st 7-week classes
March 2, 2015
- Mar 2 All Day Classes resume
March 6, 2015
- Mar 6 Friday, 8 a.m. - Friday, 5 p.m. Last day to add a 2nd 7-week class
March 13, 2015
- Mar 13 Friday, 8 a.m. - Friday, 5 p.m. Last day to drop a 14-week class
March 16, 2015
- Mar 16 Monday, 8 a.m. Fall Term Registration