“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page…” - Saint Augustine
Off-campus study provides a valuable cross-cultural dimension to your Alma College education. Not only can off-campus study teach you a lot about yourself and the world, the benefits of off-campus study can open up a world of professional opportunity.
- Get an edge in the job market - gain the cross-cultural communication skills and international perspective coveted by today’s employers
- Enhance your education - get a new perspective on your academic discipline, as well insight into your home country and culture
- Learn a foreign language - or take classes abroad in English! Immersion will enhance your language skills at record speed - but foreign language skills are not a prerequisite and many programs are taught in English
There are many resources available to help you get started. Study Abroad 101 information sessions will be held every month during the semester. Each session will be followed by drop in off-campus study advising - so come prepared with your questions and ideas!
- Review the off-campus study eligibility requirements and application deadlines
- Learn how to navigate the off-campus study application process
- Explore scholarship opportunities as well as billing and financial aid policies
- Check out our collection of Frequently Asked Questions - or pose one of your own!
Alma College offers programs in 14 countries on five continents. With programs to suit every academic discipline, you are sure to find an off-campus program that will meet your needs.
Once you identify the off-campus study program that is right for you, we will support you throughout the application process. First, you apply to Alma College for approval to study off-campus. The next step is the application to your program of choice. Then we work with you to help you prepare for your experience. A pre-departure orientation session will be held each semester for the students who are preparing to study off-campus.