Alma College Education Club
Epsilon Sigma Epsilon Honorary!
Our Alma College Education Department offers students the opportunity to become more involved in the field of education through the Education Club and the Education Honorary (ESE). These groups combine to participate in the community around Alma. Here is more information about these groups!
What we are about:
The Alma College Education Club is dedicated to the service orientation of Alma College by hosting a variety of programs, meetings, and help sessions and by encouraging members to attend the same services of other organizations and the surrounding community through various philanthropic activities. The main goal of the Education Club is to promote the well being of future teachers and to give them the opportunity to display their talents and desires to be good members of their respective communities.
To promote students' professional development, service, and programming in the field of education.
- Make friends with other education students
- Get inside information on important education updates
- Have connections with are teachers and principals
- Receive advice about education classes from upper level education students
- Obtain great teacher resources
- Hear speakers that care about education and the future of education
- It looks great on your resume and in your portfolio
- Get extra help with putting together your teaching portfolio
- We have a great time!
What we do:
The education club and honorary combine to allow students the opportunity to become active on our campus and in our community in the following ways:
- Visiting the local Head Start building to learn more about the program and opportunities for volunteering
- Sponsoring a panel discussion for first year education students on the Education Department
- Participating in the annual Science Blowout held by the Alma College Chemistry Club
- Participating in Safety Fest at the Alma Fairgrounds
- Donating canned foods to a campus food drive for Salvation Army
- Organizing and sponsoring a school supplies drive to help out a local alternative education high school
- Help out with Kids Night Out, an evening of games at the high school, put on for children in the community once a month
- Making appreciation cards for teachers in the area
- Participate in Bowl for Kids'
How do I join Epsilon Sigma Epsilon?
- Students must have a junior or senior standing
- Students must be seeking either an elementary or secondary teaching certificate
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Students must have a 3.5 in education classes
- Students must be accepted into the Alma College Teacher Education Program
How do I join the Education Club?
- Student must be seeking either an elementary or secondary teaching certificate
- Student must attend meetings about twice a month
Students can pick up applications for either the education club or honorary at any time in the education bay!