Standards for Retention in the Athletic Training Education Program
Students will be retained within the Alma College Athletic Training Education Program providing the following criteria are maintained throughout the student’s undergraduate experience:
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.50 or better in all courses within the Athletic Training major.
- Pass IPH 105, 106, 205, 206, 305, 306, 405, 406, with a minimum of 3.0.
- Maintain an overall cumulative GPA with at least the following scale: Freshman Year: 2.0 Sophomore Year: 2.5 Junior Year: 2.75 Senior Year: 2.75
- Certified in Standard First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Bloodborne Pathogen Training each year.
- Maintain an updated Hepatitis B and TB vaccinations or a signed waiver.
- Have a yearly physical examination and updated Health Insurance.
- Receive written clinical evaluations that reflect positive advancement in the Athletic Training Education Program. The Clinical Instructors of the Athletic Training Education Program will complete evaluations at mid term and the end of each semester.
- Proof of successful progress toward the completion of a minimum of 1000 supervised clinical hours. These supervised clinical hours must comply with the guidelines as outlined by CAATE.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behavior as members in the Athletic Training Education Program.
- Abide by all policies and procedures as outlined in the Policies and Procedure Manual of the Athletic Training Education Program and the Alma College student code of conduct.
- Continue to abide by the Technical Standards of the Athletic Training Education Program.
NOTE: A student failing to fulfill any of the above requirements will be removed from the clinical portion of the Athletic Training Education Program. The student will meet with the program director to devise a plan to put the student in compliance with the standards. The faculty and staff reserve the right to dismiss students from the program when the student fails to comply with the outlined requirements.