Collectively, we have a lot in common:
We all love to sing. Most of us are freshmen.
All of us have big plans for the future -- even if we are still making them.
Individually, well, you'll see . . .
Sarah Van Hoesen
HS: Concord Academy Boyne
* I plan to live in NYC, because that's where Broadway is!
I played Carlotta in Phantom of the Opera
Technology and I don't get along.
I know every Disney musical!
HS: Midland High
* I am learning as many languages as I can, because being a polyglot is the Golden Ticket to the world. Just beginning to work on Hebrew and Arabic.
* I love making vlogs on youtube
* Toured Europe in 2009 with the Blue Lake International Choir
* I am a big "Dr. Who" and "Sherlock" fan.
Major: English and Art
HS: Yale High
* I am working to become a
* I'd like to live in Ireland or England -- but Yale would be good, too.
* I have written a book on Mackinac Island Haunts, and am working to get it published.
* I play the piano -- with both hands!
* Halloween is my favorite holiday.
Major: Environmental Policy
HS: Bay City Central
* I hope to live and work in
* I'm an activist for
international human rights and environmental sustainability
* I'm the eighth in my family
to come to Alma College
* I think Julie Andrews is fabulous!
Major: Business and English
High School: Shrine HS
* I am pretty sure I have a best selling novel in me, and I plan to work in the publishing business/
* I expect I will live in Howe, Indiana -- but you will have to ask my why.
* My thumbs are two different sizes!
* I have a bird named Tiger
* My best friend and I have a secret handshake that takes six minutes
Major: Environmental Policy
HS: Flushing High
* I plan on owning a community cafe, but not until I have implemented an effective recycling program
across the USA.
* I'd like to live in Colorado
* I am pretty good with accents -- especially British, Russian and German
* I can read tarot cards. Wanna have your future read?
* Spent last summer as a camp counselor and discovered that hanging upside down from your bunk-bed and laughing your head off is one of life's simple pleasures!
Major: Elementary Education
High School: Forest Hills Central
* I'm not in a hurry, but I look forward to being married and having a family
* I love to bake.
* My boyfriend is in the Navy and is currently stationed in Guam
* I work as a nanny to a two year old girl. By next summer, I'll also be nanny to her baby brother
Major: Probably Biology, with an Art minor
HS: Mattawan High
* I am thinking about becoming a veterinarian
* Don't know where I'll live, but it will be someplace great!
* I am addicted to traveling
* I make my own jewelry and I knit.
* Purple! Best color in the world!
Major: IPHS (ask me and I'll spell it all out)
HS: John Glenn HS
* I'd like to be a PA in a family practice.
* My life will include a family, a big house and lots of traveling.
* I have milked a cow!
* I love to bungee jump and cliff jump.
* Don't tell me about natural disasters, our house was flooded in October!
* I am obsessed with cloud formations!
Major: IPHS and
maybe a Spanish minor
HS: Grand Rapids West Catholic
* I plan to follow a career in the medical field.
* I may stay in Michigan, but I know I will travel and work in third world countries to help improve their medical facilities.
* I have four sibs. The youngest, Charlotte, is seven months old.
* Chocolate! A big weakness! I once swam across a swamp on a dare to win a hot fudge shake.
* I like to sing and play the piano -- at the same time!
Major: Psychology and Sociology
HS: Birmingham Groves HS
* In ten years I think I will be living in England, where I will have my own private practice and just be starting a family
* I am half Lebanese -- that's a Middle Eastern country just north of Israel, but you knew that.
Major: Art and Design
HS: Andrew HS in Illinois
* I want to work in marketing
* My dream is to live in a house on a lake -- maybe Michigan or maybe Illinois.
* I have seven siblings.
* I love the theatre, and I've been in over 20 shows.
* Fanatical about tattoos
Major: Undecided (but I'm a freshman and have lots of time
HS: Dewitt High
* I am looking forward to traveling in Europe
* "Couscous" is one of my favorite words, and it doesn't have to be bland.
* I plan to live in a suburb on the outskirts of suburbia
* Tea? Yes please. Coffee? Not so much!
HS: Stoney Creek
* In ten years I expect to have completed dental school and hope to specialize in orthodontics
* I run track, and have done so nearly all my life
* I have six siblings -- but I am the fastest!
* My dream is to live in Australia and pick up an accent.
* I lifeguard in the summer. Ironically, my ultimate fear is of drowning
Major: Social Justice
HS: Glenbard East
* I am looking forward to joining the Peace Corps, and am excited to live and work wherever it takes me.
* Best job? A tie between working as the Easter Bunny and as an Elf -- in different seasons.
Major: Biology and perhaps IPHS
* I plan to be a physician or maybe a nurse anesthetist
* Not sure where I'll live, but I like semi-rural areas best.
* Grammer is very important to me!
* I've got a boyfriend of three years (and counting)
* Lots of pets, a cat, two dogs and a boa constrictor
Major: Mostly undecided, but leaning toward Psychology
High School: Avondale High
* I am interested in designing soundtracks, which fits nicely with my interest in Alma's New Media Studies program
* I'm willing to move anywhere my career takes me
* I've been to Japan, France and Switzerland -- only 194 more countries to go!
* My mother is an Alma alum, and she played in the Kiltie Band
* No one can agree on the color of my eyes. Go ahead, take a guess.
Major: Still considering my options
HS: Berkley HS
* In ten years I will be living overseas -- wherever my work takes me, but I suspect I'll come back to live and work in Michigan.
* Went on a Presbyterian mission trip to Costa Rica
* I'm a Pepsi person, but I've sworn off pop!
* I haven't been out of North America yet, but Alma College is going to change that!
Major: Still deciding
HS: Bishop Foley
* I want to work in a gynecological hospital
* I spent a summer working in an animal sanctuary in Utah
* There are five girls in my family, and I'm the third to attend Alma College
Major: Probably something in the sciences
HS: Goodrich High
* I am interested in genetic and pharmaceutical research
* I'd like to live in Chicago, or maybe, Grand Rapids
* When I was 6 I wanted to be a Bud Girl
* I'm Scots -- Clan MacGregor!
* Addicted . . . to smoothies
* Hate shoes! If I could be barefoot all the time, I would.
Major: English and Music
HS: Grand Blanc High
* I plan to sing for the rest of my life -- maybe professionally, but certainly for fun!
* I've made two trips to Appalachia to help build home for needy families
* I'm double-jointed in my arms and fingers.
* Massive spiders? Can I hold it?
* Teen, tiny spider? Get it away from me!
* I'll take Sour Patch Kids over chocolate any time.
Major: Music with a Business minor
* I hope to have a performing career in Chicago
* In the summers I'm essentially a professional babysitter
* I'm addicted to diet Coke
* I am short two ribs, but it takes some explanation.
Major: Political Science
HS: Vestaburg HS
* I'm not sure what the future holds, but I hope to be doing something I love while surrounded by people I love.
* Disney World is my favorite place.
* Dr. Pepper and I go way back (and that's okay because he's a doctor)
* I've not traveled outside the continental U.S. (except for Canada, which doesn't count because it's so close), but I will.