75 Voices SATB
Chorale members enroll for 1 credit of Music 151
Curtain call for performance of King David
Rehearsals: M/W/F 12:30 - 1:20 in the Alma College Chapel. Rehearsals are open to the public and visitors are always welcome.
The College Chorale is the largest choir on campus and is open to all Alma students based on live auditions. Membership is drawn primarily from the freshman, sophomore and junior classes. Some 15% of the singers are music majors and the other 85% represent every other academic major on campus.
The Festival of Carols, the Homecoming Concert and the annual Masterworks concert all depend upon the contributions of the College Chorale.
The 75-voice College Chorale is dedicated to:
* developing the musical skills and singing abilities of each member
* providing singers the chance to rehearse and perform great choral music from the United States and around the world
* fostering the physical, intellectual and spiritual enjoyment of singing
----- Before the Shaker
Worship Service concert
Samuel anointing the young David
David readies to slay Goliath
-- Current Alma students should call (or e-mail) Dr. Nichols at 7221 to set-up a membership audition.
-- High school students should call (or e-mail) Dr. Nichols at (989) 463-7221 to discuss the audition process and arrange an audition time.