Browse Majors & Minors
Our program includes a variety of traditional and digital media, offering both a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Art & Design offers three major programs:
1. The Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) degree is a pre-professional program in studio art or design. The B.F.A. is offered in the areas of
- Graphic Arts: Graphic Design, Photography and New Media Arts (Motion Graphics and Digital Imaging)
- Three Dimensional Design: Ceramics and Sculpture and 3-D Printing Technology.
- Drawing & Painting: Life Drawing, Story Boarding, Oil Painting, Watercolor, and Printmaking (lithography, Silkscreen, Intaglio and wood cut).
2. The Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree program provides a more general study suitable for those wishing to combine their study of art with other liberal arts disciplines.
3. The teaching major (B.A. with a K-12 certification) is combined with a major in Secondary Education to prepare those planning to teach in the public schools.
Art and Art History Minors
The art minor is comprised of 24 credits of studio art while the art history minor requires 24 credits of art history. If you’re looking to become a curator or gallery director, we offer courses and internships in arts management.
February 8, 2016
- All Day Valerie Allen and Armin Mersmann
February 11, 2016
- Thursday, 7 p.m. - Thursday, 9 p.m. Valerie Allen and Armin Mersmann Closing Reception and Gallery Talk
February 15, 2016
- Monday, 10 a.m. Jeri Hollister
The Flora Kirsch Beck Gallery exhibit highlights how artists use difference styles to investigate the world.
“Art can exist outside a gallery and a museum, and it can be part of the every day world. The students brought art to Alma in a way that our community had not yet experienced.” — Jillian Dickson