Browse Majors & Minors
Accounting is the language of business.
Job opportunities in today’s business climate are better than ever for accountants, and an Alma College accounting degree provides an excellent foundation for any business professional.
Our small classes—taught by experienced certified public accountants (CPAs)—will help you understand the complexities of balance sheets, government regulation, tax law and business strategy
Fast Track to the CPA Exam
CPAs advise individuals, businesses, financial institutions, nonprofit organizations and government agencies on a wide range of financial matters.
The CPA “Fast Track” for this major enables students to complete the required coursework for the Certified Public Accountant exam in just 4 years, rather than the 5 years required at other schools. The program includes an internship that will provide valuable experience for your first accounting job.
If you follow the schedule, you will be ready to sit for the CPA exam during or immediately after your senior year.
September 2, 2014
- Sep 2 All Day Classes Begin
September 5, 2014
- Sep 5 Friday, 8 a.m. - Friday, 5 p.m. Last day to add a 1st 7-week class
September 12, 2014
- Sep 12 Friday, 8 a.m. - Friday, 5 p.m. Last day to add a 14-week class
September 26, 2014
- Sep 26 Friday, 8 a.m. - Friday, 5 p.m. Last day to drop a 1st 7-week class
October 10, 2014
- Oct 10 Friday, 8 a.m. - Friday, 9 p.m. Homecoming